This Page

has been moved to new address

Still Eating Lots of Jenny

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Still Eating Lots of Jenny

Monday, January 16, 2012

Still Eating Lots of Jenny

Have you noticed an update on NTTC this week?  The new "Recipes" page is now live!  If you're looking for links to any of my recipes or just a quick way to see them all at once, check it out!  

I've written a lot about my Jenny Craig experience over the past year, but I don't think I've written much about JC over the past few weeks.

Mostly, you've heard about my trying of recipes and becoming a friend of the treadmill.  They're all good stories, but I'm going to go back to the core of my weight loss program today for you.  Afterall, I still have about 17 pounds to go!!

I'm still eating a lot of Jenny Craig foods.  Since I'm home this week, I'll be eating a little bit extra, since I have access to my freezer and microwave daily.    

I know from the email I've received recently, there's a lot of people out there that are new to Jenny Craig who are following NTTC, so I thought tell you about some of my favorites and some of my volumizing recipes.

MY FAVORITE JC MEALS
If you're looking at that menu and trying to decide what to order, here is my list of faves.  I LOVE these dishes and would try to find a way to eat them even if I weren't on Jenny Craig. Seriously.

BREAKFAST:  Banana Nut Loaf, Cinnamon French Toast, CINNAMON ROLLS
LUNCH:  Meatball Stuffed Sandwich, Chicken Sandwich, Rotini and Meatballs (Great for travel)
DINNER:  Rising Crust Pizza, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salisbury Steak, Mesquite Chicken, Chicken Fettucine
SNACKS:  Chocolate Walnut Brownie, Cinnamon Twists, Cheese Curls

ALL-TIME FAVE:  RISING CRUST PIZZA
I can't get enough of the Jenny Craig Rising Crust Pizza.  I'm not sure why that thing is so good, but I love it and its soy sausage crumbles.  Tip:  Plan ahead and cook it in the oven.  You won't be sorry!:  Click on this link for my recommendations on how to cook it to make it brown, bubbly, and delish! 

I always load this bad boy up with veggies every time I make it.  Usually whatever is in the fridge will do, but I particular love it with red onions, tomatoes, julienned spinach, roasted garlic, and a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese.  It's insanely good... and makes me feel like I'm indulging.  I've also tried broccoli, olives, peppers, grilled peppers and onions, and it's been SO good.  Sincerely indulgent.

VOLUMIZING THE PASTA DISHES
If you're eating the Jenny pasta dishes, you may love them how they come in the container, but you're missing out.  I HIGHLY recommend adding a bunch of extra veggies to the dish.  They will make your dish more satisfying and help you control your hunger.  This is not to say that JC food is not enough on its own, it's just that when I eat a larger portion of vegetables, I'm not tempted to snack later.

Check out this pan of sauteed veggies, for example.  I've added red onion, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, and spinach.  And, this is not a small pan.



It's simple to add your JC Cuisine to the pan and stir it up.  Look how HUGE the Chicken Pesto Pasta becomes with the addition of veggies.


OTHER VOLUMIZING TIPS
Try to volumize in new ways.  A lot of times, you'll come up with an awesome dish that you'll want to share with the masses.  Here's a few of my favorite volumizing recipes.  Check them out!




Now, not every recipe idea is a hit - Example: JC Chicken Tomatillo Egg Rolls 
OTHER MISCELLANEOUS TIPS
  • Drink your water - - Don't skimp on the water intake.  It will HELP you lose weight if you get all your water in.  I promise.
  • Watch out for trigger foods - Don't buy foods that you know you can't resist.  For me, it's Pirate's Booty.  I buy the individual bags and then I end up eating one-two-and-then-three servings.  If you can't control yourself around them, keep them away until you're ready to deal with them.
  • Get Moving! - I have not always been a fan of working out, but anything and everything physical you can work into your repertoire will help you lose faster and keep it off.  Even if it's a longer walk from the parking lot to your favorite store, that counts.  Add some movement into your life!
  • Find Yourself Some Motivation - I read blogs of people that are going through the same thing I am, and of those who are living the life I want to live.  It's inspiring and nice to have someone to relate to all your going through.  Here's a few of my favorites:
Weight Loss

Recipes

Healthy Living


Question:  For my JC'ers out there, what suggestions do you have for folks that are new to the program??

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At January 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Carina said...

Came by from FMM and I had listed the same tip/habit of avoiding trigger foods. That's big for me. I just don't have that stuff in the house, and it helps.

 
At January 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Tim said...

I've just drooled over my keyboard. I could easily print this blog post out and eat the paper because it looks so nice! LOL

 
At January 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exercise and staying OP was the main reason I lost 95lbs with JC in one year. If you work the program it rewards you for staying OP. Always enjoy your blog Kelly. Marion

 
At January 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Shay said...

Definitely staying on program and watching my calories when i have a meal on my own helped me lose 83lbs. I also agree with the water intake, the more you drink, the happier you'll be on weigh in day!

Love this blog!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow.glad I found this blog -just started JC last week and looking forward to reading every page of your blog to help me keep on track.
:)

 
At January 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I love this post! Actually, I was JUST thinking last night.. I need to tell Kelly that I would like her to create a Recipes page.. bc I love her stuff and I have about a million bookmarks of your site of all these awesome recipes :)

Also, does JC ever publish a cookbook? If so, do you then have to use the JC food? You do post a lot of awesome looking recipes (oh man, those JC cinnamon rolls!) for JC. With WW, you dont even have to be a member to go in to their centers and buy their food. Does the same hold true for JC?

 
At January 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

oh! AND.. thank you for the shout out :)

 
At February 19, 2012 at 3:19 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I would say the volumizing is HUGE! It can be really fun and that method of cooking will stay with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home