This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Peanut Butter Pancakes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Peanut Butter Pancakes

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Recipe: Peanut Butter Pancakes

Yep, you read it right.  PEANUT.  BUTTER.  PANCAKES.


Ever since I found the amazing Dashing Dish website, I've had my eyes on these pancakes.  BUT, they had two ingredients that I rarely have in my house:




#1 - Egg Whites



#2 - Coconut Flour

Honestly, I didn't know there was such a thing as coconut flour.  I also didn't know that it was a gluten-free alternative!  What I do know is that it comes in a cute little can and you can buy it at Whole Foods.

I also loved that this recipe called for peanut butter powder!  I've been using PB2 for a long time as a spread, but it's brilliant as an ingredient and so yummy in this recipe.

Without further ado, I bring you the tastiest pancakes I've had in a long time!  While I loved the Pumpkin Spice Pancakes I posted a few weeks back, Peanut Butter always trumps Pumpkin Spice.  Me and PB have been friends WAY too long for PS to be winning this type of contest.

PEANUT BUTTER 'CAKE' PANCAKES
Serves 1 (makes about 8-10 small pancakes, or 4 large pancakes)


Note:  I made 1/2 of the recipe to cut back on calorie intake, and I felt there was plenty o' pancake.  If you choose to go with the full recipe, you're going to have 330 calories or 6 Weight Watchers Points Plus.

INGREDIENTS
5 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. peanut butter or 2 Tbsp. PB2 powder
1-2 packets of Truvia or other sweetener
7 egg whites
tiny pinch of salt
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water


INSTRUCTIONS

1.  In a medium size bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the water, and begin to mix. (It will be very lumpy/thick at this point…don’t worry!)


2.  Begin adding water slowly, a little at a time, stirring until a thick pancake batter forms, (you can also use a blender, hand-held mixer, or immersion blender to mix up ingredients with ease!) *Note: Batter will be a little thicker than typical pancake batter, but should still be ‘thin’ enough to pour onto a hot pan!


3.  Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.


4.  Serve warm with sugar-free syrup and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 5, 2012 at 7:40 AM , Anonymous Kim Kazee said...

Do you also get the peanut butter powder at whole foods? What other uses have you found for it?

 
At January 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Hi Kim - I actually purchase my PB2 online (http://www.bellplantation.com). I'm a huge fan of peanut butter, so I've used this low calorie alternative for years. The jar has instructions on how you can make it into a PB-like paste by adding water. Once you make that, you can spread it on toast, banana bread, waffles, dip apples in it... Use it anyway you would use regular PB.

I've heard that Trader Joes sells a "Peanut Flour", but unfortunately, we don't have TJs, so I've never tried it.

 
At January 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Also, this is literally the first recipe I've seen calling for PB powder, but I plan to experiment a bit with it using the exchange Dashing Dish recommends (2 tsp PB = 2 Tbsp. PB2)

 
At January 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous katie said...

yum! :) so glad you liked them!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh my those sound good and I don't even really like pancakes!

Also, I wanted to remind you to report your final weight for my challenge - http://6monthtransformation.blogspot.com/2012/01/holidays-challenge-coming-to-end.html

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous NancyK said...

This is a much better alternative than my husbands peanut butter pancakes which he makes as follows:
Make pancakes from bisquick.
Spread about a cup of peanut butter on them (i am not kidding about the amount of PB he uses).
Add warmed maple syrup - the good kind - grade A syrup from Vermont(nothing else will do).
So, I rarely have his PB pancakes!

I wish we had a whole foods or a trader joes here.....

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Nancy - Confession: That's how I used to eat my pancakes (GASP!) Not really a cup of PB, but easily 1/4 cup. My family has eaten pancakes (waffles and french toast, too) like this since I was a kid. Thank goodness for PB2!!! Healthier alternative!

 
At January 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Katie - I loved them and can't wait to make them again!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home