This Page

has been moved to new address

Weigh In Update + a Creative Lunch

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Weigh In Update + a Creative Lunch

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weigh In Update + a Creative Lunch

After several, several weeks, I finally made my way to JC to weigh in and to have a consultation this morning.  


I'm down another -0.8 lb

I was quite relieved.  I know the scale had hovered right about where I was last time I was in.  I wasn't expecting a great loss, but I thought there was always the possibility of a maintained weight.  Phew.  Another loss.  I'll take it.

After my weigh-in and consultation, I scooted off to Whole Foods.  I had apples in mind, and plan on making another batch of yummy applesauce today.  


As usual, I found much more than apples today.  Looks like heirloom tomatoes and golden beets will also be on the menu this week.  

When I got home, I was READY for lunch.  Looking at all that delicious food at Whole Foods made me ravenous! Since I had been to see Jenny today, I have a full freezer of entrees to choose from.

Today, I decided to embark upon.... TURKEY JOES!


I wanted to create this recipe a few weeks back and didn't have a turkey burger.  Well, I do now... and I dug in my fridge to see what kind of veggies I had hanging about.  About 1/3 of a red pepper, 1/4 a shallot, and a little white onion were added to my recipe as a result.


My mom's sloppy joes are my absolute favorite.  They have lots of chopped veggies and a tangy sweet sauce.  I tried to make a modified version of her sauce.  Here's her original recipe, if you'd like to check it out.



As you can imagine, this recipe came together pretty quickly.  The turkey burger was crumbled into the saute pan with the veggies, then I added the sauce and VOILA!



Turkey Joes
Serves 1


  • 1/3 red pepper, diced
  • 1/3 sweet white onion, diced
  • 1/4 shallot, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. ketchup
  • 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 squeeze of Dijon Mustard
sprinkle of Truvia
salt 
pepper

1.  Place diced veggies in a saute pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
2.  Cook turkey burger patty in the microwave (on provided dish) for 60 seconds
3.  Dice turkey burger to create a "ground turkey" feel... then add to pan.
4.  Mix ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire, Truvia, and dijon in a small bowl.
5.  Taste sauce to make sure it tastes right for you.  Add salt and pepper as you see fit.
6.  Add to meat and veggie mixture.
7.  Defrost bun by microwaving for 30 seconds.  Toast, if you like (I do!)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I normally pass on the turkey burgers but now I'm ready to give it a try!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home