This Page

has been moved to new address

Wanna Talk about Working Out?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Wanna Talk about Working Out?

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wanna Talk about Working Out?

I've been off work since December 21.  Unbelievably fabulous.  Now, I haven't done anything that was that exciting, but there's something nice about:  Waking up at your leisure, watching multiple movies if I feel like it, being caught up on laundry and dry cleaning, and taking time to experiment with new recipes.


It's been AWESOME.  All good things, we know, must eventually come to an end.  As you're reading this post, I am officially back at work.  Working hard, and trying to sift through email, and make travel plans for the month.


I have a HUGE to-do list that I need to get working on ASAP.


As I get back into work-mode, my mind is on WORKING OUT.  I've worked out for the past 5 days, and I'm really on a roll.  I've been able to go to the gym whenever I wanted to.  Some days I've gone during the afternoon, some days I've gone as soon as I've woken up.  I even had a chance to work with a trainer last week - - which was awesome!  


Hello Weight Machines... Nice to Meet You
The trainer and I spent an hour going through how to use each of the weight machines and getting me set up on a system in the gym that tracks all my workouts.  I'm getting to the point where I'm almost excessively tracked... but I'll do it.  Every little bit helps!


I really think that working out is going to be key to losing my next 17 lbs and will be incredibly important for long-term maintenance.  As a result, I plan to share an update on my workouts (the good, the bad, and the ugly)  on a weekly basis.


How I Worked Out This Week:  Keep in mind, two months ago I wasn't working out at ALL.  For the past month and a half, I've been working out pretty consistently.  And, don't quote me on this, but I think I'm starting to enjoy it!  (Yes, Laurel, you heard me right!)


There's a machine or two that I'll never befriend. Yes, I'm talking about YOU, Arc Trainer.
My Current Workout
Elliptical - 30 minutes - Get it out of the way first!
Bicep/Tricep Work
Treadmill - 15-20 minutes 
Core Work - Torso, Back, Ab Machines
Recumbent Bike - 15-30 minutes

I mix up the workout slightly as I see fit... sometimes a little more bike (if I'm reading something good.)  Other times, I've done some extra treadmill.  Sometimes, I do the leg machines. It just depends.


How I Plan to Workout Next Week:  I'm back to work starting today and traveling for part of the week.  What this means is that I will have to get creative in my workouts, working out at different times and in the hotel gym, and working out outside of my routine.  




I plan on getting in cardio activity every day this week, adding in weights when I'm in Colorado.  I also saw a Beginner's Yoga class on the board for Sunday morning.  I may take that class on Sunday to mix things up, and honestly, I miss Yoga.  I need to get back to it.  


I have my own mat, afterall...
Bottom Line:  I'm thrilled that I'm getting into a routine with working out.  I can't wait to share how this week goes! 

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At January 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Taryn said...

You. Are. Awesome. That is all.

 
At January 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Regan said...

Oh, come on... Give the ARC trainer a run for its money! I started out with 5 minutes every time I went to the gym and now I can go an hour on the thing! You can do it!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a good, solid mix-up at the gym. Keep it up and expand. Never let yourself or your muscles get bored. Yoga = Awesome!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Regan... I just find it really awkward. I may try it again someday, we'll see....

@FG... Thanks, lady!

@April... I honestly think I'm excited about working out because it's different every day! Must definitely keep that up!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Sharlie said...

I love the~ If it is Important, You will find a way. If not you'll find an excuse. How true is that?? It really seems like the story of my life..excuse after excuse. But I'm tired of making excuses!! I am Important and my health is Important and it's time that I do this :)
Would u mind if I used that on my blog?

 
At January 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Sharlie - Of course, use away! I found it (of course) on Pinterest...

 
At January 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Sharlie said...

Thanks! I actually just signed up on Pinterest but haven't really gotten into it yet, but I hear that it is addictive!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Mrs. Bradley said...

Great attitude and plan. Those 17lbs are so gone.

 
At January 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Mbar said...

Looks like you have a good plan for the gym. Keep them muscles guessing by mixing the exercises each time. Good luck for 2012!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Sharlie - Be careful over there. Highly habit-forming.... But ohso fun!!!

@Stormy and Mbar - Thanks for the vote of confidence! Missed going today beause of my travel, but can't wait to get back at it tomorrow!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home