This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: JC Tomatillo Chicken Stuffed Peppers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: JC Tomatillo Chicken Stuffed Peppers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Recipe: JC Tomatillo Chicken Stuffed Peppers

Getting successfully back on track usually means that I need to get creative. 




Getting creative means that I get to cook, and that I get to add extras of my FAVORITE veggies into my dishes.




AND, cooking for myself makes me feel like I'm just me again eating dinner.  Like I'm not on Jenny Craig and that I'm splurging in the healthiest possible way.  I'm not ashamed of my JC lifestyle, but sometimes I crave that "normal" feeling.  




I still remove the things I don't like.  I'm picky as they come.  If I cooked everything from scratch, there'd be no beans in ANYTHING I eat.  Equally so, that's how it is when I get creative.




I also love my Fiesta dishes.  For some reason cooking and/or eating on pretty plates makes my food taste even better.  I always move my JC food over to a colored plate, especially when there's volumizing involved.




Lastly, the finished product is so satisfying.  It looks pretty... has all my favorite ingredients and doesn't AT ALL look like a frozen meal.  You should try this one.


JC Tomatillo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Serves 1

1 package Jenny Craig Grilled Chicken Tomatillo
Red Onion
2 Colored Peppers
Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese, Shredded

1.  Cook the Jenny Craig Cuisine via the package instructions in the microwave and preheat the oven for 350 degrees.
2.  Cut off the top of the pepper so as to create a hollowed out pepper that can be filled.  Remove seeds and clean pepper.  
3.  Reserve the top of the pepper you removed (minus the stem.) Slice it along with some red onion.
4.  Saute onion and chopped pepper in a saute pan with cooking spray.
5.  Mix Laughing Cow cheese into microwave pan and stir until cheese melts.  Add sauteed onions/peppers to the pan as well.
6.  Fill peppers with rice, chicken, and Laughing Cow cheese mixture. Top with about 1/8 - 1/4 cup fat free cheddar.
7.  Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray, and cook for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are absolutely delicious! I make these ahead of time on a Sunday usually so I can easily just throw one in my lunch bag and every time I heat one up for lunch at work, everyone tells me how great my lunch smells - they cannot believe it when I tell them all it is is a microwavable meal stuffed into a pepper! Never would have thought of such a simple variation - you are very creative!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home