This Page

has been moved to new address

Lazy Sunday and a Surprisingly Satisfying Lunch

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Lazy Sunday and a Surprisingly Satisfying Lunch

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lazy Sunday and a Surprisingly Satisfying Lunch






Confession  
I cancelled my spin yoga class this morning, because I couldn't stand the idea of waking up to an alarm today.  I just couldn't do it.  

I've had company for weeks and appointments every weekend.  My alarm has become the most annoyingly haunting sound these days.  Interestingly, I woke up "naturally" at 8:30am this morning, and even though it was early, I was ok with it because I didn't have to hear that beeping.... at least for ONE day!

Yummy, Yummy Lunch
I love eating on the weekends.  I have time to get creative, and I have time to enjoy my food!  During the week when I get home, I eat what's quick and what's convenient as SOON AS I WALK IN THE DOOR.

Today, I had a BRILLIANT idea!  I was going to turn everyone's favorite JC Turkey Burger into Sloppy Joes.  How yummy would that have been?  I diced up the veggies and went to the freezer to find about 20 JC Cinnamon Rolls and hoarder-worthy quantities of JC food, but absolutely NO TURKEY BURGER.

Bummer!

I couldn't let all those veggies go to waste, so I decided to make something totally different that I named Buffalo Chicken Joes!

Buffalo Chicken Joes
Serves 1


  1/4 cup diced onions
1/3 cup diced pepper (I used yellow)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce
1 Tbsp. Lite Ranch
Sliced Roma Tomato
Fresh Spinach

1.  Saute onions and peppers in a saute pan, sprayed with Pam cooking spray.

2.  At the same time, cook the chicken from your chicken sandwich in the tray provided in the microwave for the first 90 seconds.


3.  Remove chicken from microwave tray and move to a cutting board.  Dice chicken breast, and add to the pan.


4.  Saute chicken, onion, and pepper mixture for about 2 minutes.  Add buffalo sauce and stir.  Remove from heat.

5.  Thaw the chicken sandwich bun in the microwave in a paper towel for 30 seconds.


6.  Toast bun in a toaster on a low setting.


7.  Place three slices of tomato and a layer of spinach on your toasted bun.




8.  Add chicken on top of the bun and drizzle with a tiny bit of lite ranch.  Note:  The bun will only hold about 1/2 of the chicken/veggie mixture.


Grab a napkin and enjoy this bad boy!

10.  Don't let the leftovers go to waste!  I chopped some extra tomatoes and spinach and made a salad with the leftover chicken/veggies.  So delish!



Stay tuned for Sloppy Joes... they will be coming soon!  Until then, another delicious buffalo chicken dish. 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 10, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Mrs. Bradley said...

OMG-- that looks Delish. I am definitely going to copy that recipe. I think I need to be more creative in the kitchen. That will help with the blahs 4 sure. Congrats on your loss. You r doing awesome.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on the no alarm weekends. Only problem is my husband loves to get up early on the weekends to get started on his weekend jobs. So I wake up to his alarm... Oh well spending quiet mornings with him is nice too!

The Chicken looks great too!
Mela

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home