This Page

has been moved to new address

Travel Turbulence

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Travel Turbulence

Friday, January 6, 2012

Travel Turbulence

I can handle turbulence.  No big deal.  Most times, I can literally be sleeping against the window and not even wake up.  I'm an exceptional plane sleeper.  I should add that to my resume.


Now, the turbulence I had today was SO unexpected.  It happened when I was on the ground.




I was in a little bit of a hurry when I got to the airport.  I didn't want to take the time to stop for lunch on the way to the airport, thinking I could just pick up a sandwich at the airport.  They have a Quizno's.  I knew I'd be fine.


So... after going through security and getting the special extra scanning for the first time in 2012, I went to Quizno's and ordered my sandwich.




Now, airport Quizno's are not like normal Quizno's.  Specifically, they have a limited menu and only have Regular sized sandwiches.  I think a regular is about 9 inches.  That's too much sandwich.


I know that the airport people HATE me (and the people in line behind me didn't love me either)... because I ordered as follows:  Mesquite Chicken Sandwich, no cheese, no bacon, no Ranch, extra tomatoes, light honey mustard on wheat.  Possibly a record for my typical modified meals.


Anyway, I planned to cut about a third of the sandwich off and throw it in the trash.  Um, I ate the whole thing.  Estimated calories of that sandwich exceeds 500 calories.  GASP!


As though that weren't enough, there were additional bumps.... I went to the gift shop to get a water and they had these, so I thought I'd get them too.


Only 100 calories, but seriously??

These babies have 210 calories for the package
Unbelievable.  

I was going to eat one cookie because I "wanted something sweet."  Those cookies had no chance.


By the time I left the airport, I had about 165 calories left for dinner and any snacks.  HOLY CRAP!


Interestingly, I was able to recover!  I got home and hit the gym immediately.  I am seriously starting to look at working out as a way to add more calories into my life.  It's like my eating for the day is a checking account... there's deposits and withdrawals all day long, and you NEVER want to overdraw.  At this point, I needed a SIGNIFICANT deposit.


I did some serious cardio combined with some strength training.  While I had NO desire to go, it was fine was I got there and got going.  If you've never been on Friday nights, the gym is a total ghost-town, so you get through your machines and equipment super fast - - no waiting!  


Afterward, I came home and made a delicious Weight Watchers soup and ended up with a positive balance in my food "bank account."


Weight Watchers Creamy Tomato Soup - - Amazing
It was a bumpy ride, but I made it through.  This is the first day in FOREVER where I've had bumps like this... it's nice to know you can bounce back!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At January 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Robin said...

You are so inspiring. My goal is to eat that healthy, I have way to many "bumps" in my days.

 
At January 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM , Blogger mama.on.the.move said...

well done on your recovery :) days like this make you stronger!

 
At January 7, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Anonymous nancyk said...

Way to go kelly! After starting myfitnesspal I took a whole new look at working out - love your checking account comparison. If I want that extra snack then I need to do 20 minutes o the elliptical!

 
At January 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Nancy - I feel the same.... MFP has taught me all of it! So glad to have learned this valuable lesson!

 
At January 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

It's so hard at the airport to find good things. Especially when you're trying to get checked in and such! But you did awesome, you splurged a bit but then you kicked some butt and took some names!

Also I tagged you in this post ;) Answer if you like! http://nurselosingforgood.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-tagged.html

 
At January 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Ahhhhh I love pop chips!!!!!!

 
At January 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Kate - Thanks! It could have been so much worse!

@Erin - I can't resist a 1 oz. bag of Popchips.... No matter what I just had for lunch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home