This Page

has been moved to new address

Volumizing Like Crazy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Volumizing Like Crazy

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Volumizing Like Crazy

I feel like I've been trying A LOT of new things lately.  Here's a few things I thought you might want to try, my fellow JC'ers!


PB-CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST - It's good on it's own, but have you tried it with PB2?  In my family, we put peanut butter on EVERYTHING.





I remember as a kid learning how to eat PB from my grandfather.  He put it on EVERYTHING.  Coffee cake, donuts, italian bread, waffles, pancakes, sandwiches... there really isn't much that doesn't taste better with Peanut Butter.  A few years back, I tried PB2 and it's been a staple in my cupboard ever since.


It's a delicious powdered peanut butter than has SOOOO much fewer calories than the average JIF.  I definitely recommend trying it out, and especially on the Cinnamon French Toast pictured above.


A BETTER CHICKEN PESTO PASTA I heard today that JC Chicken Pesto Pasta has been discontinued and is officially sold out at my center - - GASP!  Good news is that I have a few packages in my freezer!




What makes this pesto better?  Well, I've removed the squash, because I'm just not into it.  AND, I've loaded it up with sauteed broccoli, red onion, tomato, and extra roasted garlic.  It made the dish so filling and so delicious!


CAJUN CHICKEN FETTUCINE - JC's Chicken Fettucine has become one of my favorite blank canvases.  I told you about my Buffalo Chicken Fettucine and showed you what happens when you add yummy grilled veggies to the dish.  Well, last night I tried another version - - CAJUN-STYLE!




I added grilled peppers and onions to the pasta, and sprinkled it with some Penzey's Cajun Seasoning!  Yum-O!


YUMMY ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS - Since we ALL love free foods, here's one that's super easy - - Roasted Brussels Sprouts!  I made these last night to munch on after the cajun pasta.  Super simple.... Preheat the oven to 375.  Clean and half your brussels and place them on a cookie sheet coated with Pam.  
Before

After
Add a little balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and ROAST.  I roasted for about 18 minutes, and they were brown and tasty!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I detest brussel sprouts. I may give those a whirl. Roasting veggies with olive oil, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes is the best way to make them. It's so simple and really brings the flavor. Broccoli and asparagus are both incredible done that way! And tomatoes! And diced sweet potato! And cauli! Ok, I'll quit - it's all delish, maybe I'll have to try brussel sprouts one more time.....

 
At January 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

where have you been all my life?! I just found your blog now!!! So wonderful! Those brussel sprouts made my stomach growl!

 
At February 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Your blog is totally precious! I'm adding it to my google reader. I've lost lot (80) on JC and I'm back to lose the rest. I did a lot of volumizing also.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home