This Page

has been moved to new address

New Blog Features, A Delightful Dinner, and Weekend Plans!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Blog Features, A Delightful Dinner, and Weekend Plans!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Blog Features, A Delightful Dinner, and Weekend Plans!

Wow... What a BLOGGY week this has been!  Lots to say!  Just a few more updates for everyone:


NTTC BLOG ENHANCEMENTS:  I did some additional modifications to the blog this week.  You may have noticed the new SEARCH BAR at the top left of this page!  How cool is that?  There ARE more than 60 posts now... so it seemed time to add a bar to help you search for my favorite moments in this blog (maybe the Costco lady with the samples?  I HEART her.  All my killer travel tips?  Or my fabulous trip to Montelucia?).  Search your little hearts out! 


Oh... and it's powered by Google?  That's fancy, if you ask me...


In addition, I also added a feature that allows you to FOLLOW NTTC via EMAIL!  Ashamedly, I now currently "follow" myself via email because I wanted to see what it would do.  I know, total nerd. It sends you an email to your inbox anytime I add a post containing the full posting + pics.  If you're like me, this would be a great option as I don't get on the computer or iPad every single night.  I'm not sure how this differs from the standard "follow" feature, but I like it!  


Lastly.... has anyone else noticed the little BLOG VIEWS TICKER at the bottom left?  Could NTTC be approaching 9,000 views???  Holy COW!  Kinda makes me wonder who in the heck in viewing my stories about kale chips and my friend Jen's Picnic Wedding.... but mostly, I just love it!  Weight loss is hard, and if my blog brings you some smiles along the way and a few random tips, it's served its purpose!  If you're the 10K viewer of my blog, post a comment!  I can't wait to see that number!


DELIGHTFUL DINNER:  Tonight's dinner is one of my old time faves.  It's been a while since I've eaten it, but there was a time when I would literally eat the Rising Crust Pizza every night for dinner.  Well, I'm back on it... but I'm making it a little bit differently.


Yum-O!  Wish I had one bite left!
  1. ALWAYS, ALWAYS cook this pizza in the oven.  I've NEVER eaten it in the microwave, but I just adore it baked up.  Seriously, it's worth the 19 minutes.
  2. I read early on one of the JC forums that the pizza rises a little nicer if you take it out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for a little while before you bake it.  DO IT!  You can also adjust toppings as you see fit once it thaws a little.  20 minutes is usually enough thaw-time for me.
  3. VOLUMIZE this baby!  I have a new volumizing trick... and I don't think it gives me much VOLUME, but the taste is just heavenly.  My local Sunflower Market sells roasted garlic cloves in a little plastic container.  I bought them for something, and since then, I've been chopping them up and putting them on the pizza.  O-M-G... so good!  I also add chopped onions on top.  DELISH!  I've done olives and spinach before, but this is my latest obsession.  I also top it with some Penzey's Crushed Red Pepper (which I put on most everything italian.)
Also, this delicious dinner will be followed up with the new LEMON COOLER COOKIES!  If you haven't tried these babies, get to your local Jenny Craig ASAP.  They are SOOOOO good.  I picked up 5 bags yesterday, and plan on buying 10 more on Monday.  These are a temporary item, so you know what that means.  Time to begin HOARDING!


Only FOUR left... Time to stock up!
WEEKEND PLANS:  One of my bestest friends is traveling to Colorado this weekend!  We've got just a few small things planned, but mostly are just going to enjoy catching up, sunning, and retail therapy!  Can't wait!  


Now, on the JC side, how fabulous is it to have company that eats healthy?  Um... it's the greatest!  She's on board for a healthy weekend + a trip to my favorite Wine and Cheese Restaurant (not so healthy, but a splurge I can't resist).  


This is seriously one of their cheese platters... insane!
Check in next week for more details about all the fun we have.... great shopping, fun in the sun, and a concert on Sunday night!   Also, I'm weighing in for the first time in 2 weeks on Monday morning!  Woo hoo!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At July 11, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

I tried the rising crust pizza trick last night and it was SOOOO much better. I am not crazy about real or fake sausage, but I do love this pizza. Have you tried the key lime cheesecake? So great...I need to stock up before they discontinue them.

 
At July 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

While hard to believe, I don't eat cheesecake.... So, I'm going to leave the key lime to you. Glad you liked the twist on the fake sausage pizza. I love it that way!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

ok..correction..it is not cheesecake...it is Key Lime Pie...you should get one and try it :)

 
At September 23, 2011 at 12:40 AM , Anonymous san antonio personal trainer said...

Thanks for sharing instant rising crust pizza with everyone. I will definitely try it as I can't resist pizza. Thanks for the share.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home