This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: JC Turkey Burger Chili

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: JC Turkey Burger Chili

Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Recipe: JC Turkey Burger Chili

It's been a BUSY, BUSY morning.... because I'm on the road Mon-Fri most weeks, my weekends usually consist of errand running.  Today was no exception.  Although... today's errands were a little bit worse than normal, as I needed literally one item from multiple locations.


Here's one example of my stops:  Bed Bath and Beyond for this sexy new mandoline slicer.... wait until you see the recipe that I have in mind for this!


Ooooooo la la


I also made my stop in at Sunflower Market worthy of two items, buying myself this cute bunch of flowers.  Since I'm home for the NEXT TWO WEEKS, flowers are a sensible purchase!  I don't get to enjoy them often, but I absolutely love fresh flowers at the house.   They're a little sparse, so they may need a little more flowers added.




I also made a quick stop at Penzey's for some vanilla and saw a GREAT picture of some yummy looking chili.  That pic inspired me to mix it up a little for lunch.










JC Turkey Burger Chili
Makes 1 serving


I had one lonely JC Turkey Burger in my freezer that has been begging to get eaten.  And, how nice to get to make it a superstar in this new recipe.

chopped onion
chopped garlic
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion


1.  A garlic and onion lover, I sauteed about 1/3 of a large sweet onion and 3 gloves of roasted garlic, sliced.

  
I talk about my roasted garlic all the time.  Here's the tub of it that I purchase at Sunflower Market.  How delish is that?


2.  I cooked the turkey burger in the microwave on the small tray for 50 seconds.  Next I cut thin slices of the burger and then diced it up as you see above.

3.  Add 1.5 - 2 tsp. of Chili Seasoning to the pan, along with a can of tomatoes, and the turkey crumbles.  Note:  The Chili 3000 is not just chili powder, it's a blend of spices.  I recommend something like this to add more flavor.




4.  Simmer the "chili" in the pan for about 5-10 minutes until warmed through and the spices have flavored the dish. 









5.  I needed to make use of this potato bun, so of course, I made it into garlic bread.  Spray the bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and top with garlic powder + a little garlic salt.  Toast lightly in a toaster.
















Look how delish this chili came out.  You could probably add some beans too, but I'm not a bean person, so I didn't.  Also, not adding beans meant I only added FREE foods.























PERFECT for a cool fall day... but you won't find that here.  It's a gorgeous 80 degrees here in Denver today.  Just the same, the chili hit the spot!

ENJOY!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 9, 2011 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I am going to make this tonight!!!!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I can't tell you how helpful this is. I'm NOT a cook. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home