This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Salad

Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Salad

You heard me right... Buffalo.  Chicken.  Salad.


I got home from spin/yoga this morning and was starving.  I was craving something flavorful and spicy... and what's better than Jenny's Chicken Sandwich when I need that?  I always use a yummy hot sauce with it, when I eat it the old-fashioned way.


Today, I had two beautiful tomatoes on the counter that were about to die.  So.... I decided to go for a salad!  This may be my new favorite lunch.  So easy, so delicious.  And, I've missed bread a little bit, especially garlic bread.  It tastes so indulgent!!! 









Defrost your bun in the microwave, wrapped in paper towels for 30 seconds.  Spray with I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray and sprinkle with garlic powder and garlic salt as you see fit.  Place in your toaster on a light setting to toast up the bread.  Mmmm... Mmmmm!


Pour a tall glass of water, and enjoy your spicy goodness!!!


Buffalo Chicken Salad + Garlic Bread


Yum, Yum... I tried to go without dressing in the beginning.
1 Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich
Lettuce
(I used bibb/butter lettuce)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
Your favorite hot sauce 
(I used 1 Tbsp. Buffalo Wild WIngs Spicy Garlic Sauce + 1 Tbsp. Frank's Hot Sauce)
JC Ranch (optional)
(I used 1 1/2 Tbsp. Litehouse Yogurt Ranch) 

Garlic Powder
Garlic Salt

Assemble a bed of lettuce + tomatoes, and any other veggies you'd like.  Today, I was way too hungry to chop more than just tomatoes, but I think some cucumbers, red/green onions would have been tasty as well.

Cook your chicken breast for 2 1/2 minutes in the tray provided.  Remove from tray and dice.  Place hot sauce in a plastic baggie.  Add your chicken, and toss!  Place coated chicken on top of the salad.  Add salad dressing, if desired.


Couldn't resist adding a little Ranch to the salad, but totally optional!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At July 24, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

This is so brilliant. I absolutely LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! I am definitely gettinga chicken sandwich next week and doing this! Really really great! Thank you!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Need to Get ME Back said...

I've never heard of yogurt ranch but that recipe sounds great! I buy rotisserie chickens and break it apart to use the chicken throughout the week, so maybe I'll just separate some and make it buffalo style like this! Thanks for the idea :)

 
At July 24, 2011 at 4:32 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Kate... It's so good! Enjoy!

@Need... The yogurt ranch is in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, close to the bagged lettuce, etc. It's delish, and the stats are pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home