This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Creamy Tomato Soup

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Creamy Tomato Soup

Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Recipe: Creamy Tomato Soup

I'm back on the road this week, which means I'm eating on the go here in Salt Lake City.  It's TEN TIMES less fun to eat healthy on the road when you've been cooking up a storm at home, I've decided.  I've been craving all the things I've been making recently and those on my to-try list.  Interestingly, I've no interest in eating junk... but I'm just bored with the travel selections this week. 

Well, that's not 100% true... I wanted a gooey brownie yesterday for some strange reason.  I popped into the local Jenny Craig to solve that with a Chocolate Walnut Brownie though.  Emergency handled!  And, quite delish!

Here's what I really want though:  I'd love to eat this amazing soup, but I see no kitchen here in my hotel room at the Marriott, dear readers.  I feel like I'm roughing it! 



So, instead, I'll write about it and share it with you guys.  Surely SOMEONE will make it and enjoy it while I'm away from home?

I first tried this tasty soup last Friday when I got home from Boise.  It was AMAZING and SUPER-EASY.  If you like tomato soup, this is a quick, delightful recipe that I'm posting JUST for you.  When I made it last week, I only made a half of a batch since I was only home two days.  I so wish I had made the full batch.  So good and very filling.

It comes again from one of my favorite series of cookbooks from Weight Watchers.  Check out the title.  They're serious about keeping things simple, as should you.


Creamy Tomato Soup
From Weight Watchers Four Ingredient 10 Minute Recipes - Fall 2011
Serves 4

I couldn't find fat-free buttermilk, so I went with reduced fat.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup fat free buttermilk
1/2 cup fat free lower sodium chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed, reduced fat reduced sodium tomato soup, undiluted
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper


1.  Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan. 


2.  Stir with a whisk to combine, and bring to a boil at medium-high heat.


3.  Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.


4.  Ladle into bowls.  Top with fresh ground pepper.  Serve immediately.


PER 1 CUP SERVING: CAL: 122; PROTEIN: 5.5g; FAT: 0.9g; SODIUM: 462mg; CARB: 22.5g

ENJOY!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Mom on a mission said...

That looks delicious!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting....love how simple it is and looks really good. I tried the roasted cabbage last night and loved it! Getting myself back on track after the holidays...they were pretty brutal for me. ~Sherri

 
At January 13, 2012 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Mmmm that looks really good, thanks for posting this. I will definitely try making this at some point, usually have all the ingredients already on hand except the buttermilk!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I wish I could buy a small container of buttermilk like that around here! I'm constantly wasting it when I only ever seem to need a cup or less of it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home