This Page

has been moved to new address

So Long, Twenty Eleven

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: So Long, Twenty Eleven

Saturday, December 31, 2011

So Long, Twenty Eleven

I feel like the end of such a great year deserves a post all of its own.  A fine salute to one of the best years in my adult life is in order.  


I must say, the fact that I'm starting off the year about 60 lbs. lighter is the icing on the cake (or should I say the dressing on the salad?)  


So without further ado, I present you with my greatest hits for 2011!


My Favorite Posts of 2011


ONEderland, I've Arrived - I was SO proud to create this post.  Achieving that "below 200 lb." weight was a huge landmark this year.  PS...Having Hannah Curlee (Biggest Loser Runner Up, Season 11) leave a comment left me truly starstruck.  




365 Days Later - Successfully achieving my first year of healthy living in November and being able to reflect upon this awesome journey is what this post is all about.  There's some awesome before/after shots too.  I love those!


Travel and Dining Out Tips - This was probably my biggest challenge this year.  I honestly didn't know how in the heck I was going to maintain my travel schedule and still lose weight.  This post is powerful to me because it shares how I figured it all out!




My Favorite Recipes of 2011

New Recipe: JC Chicken Fajita Quesadilla -  An overwhelming majority of you guys loved this recipe, making it my most popular post of 2011!  For those of us on JC, volumizing can be the key to staying on track!  If you haven't tried this recipe yet... You totally should!




New Recipe: Sinful Peanut Butter Tagalong Trifles - This recipe may sound like a mouthful and looks complex, but I promise it's super-easy.  I'd also say it was one of the most fun things I made all year.  




New Recipe: Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken - This is one of those recipes where you feel like you're cheating, but you're definitely not.




New Recipe: Low Fat Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette - I love this one because everyone needs a good lowfat salad dressing.  This one surprised me by being AMAZING and is one of my all-time faves now.




My Favorite Trip Posts this Year
I was VERY lucky to get to travel to MANY different places this year.  It would be impossible to pick just one, but I'd have to say that my trips to Montelucia and the Cape were some of the most relaxing. 




And trips to Chicago, OhioNashville, and Florida offered me great time with friends and family. 




I also had a lot of my favorite people visit ME in Colorado!  It was such a fun friend-and-family-filled year... the best!


As I wrap up the year, for the first time in MANY years, I'm proud of how I spent my 2011.  I'm also so happy that all of you have spent the year with me as well.  Losing weight isn't easy; I gain so much support from your comments and the tips you share.  "Weighing in" with you guys a few times a week helps keep me grounded and on track.  I can't thank you enough.


Wishing each of you a fantastic New Year's Eve.  I can't wait to see what's up next in 2012!  It's going to be another big year for all of us!  CHEERS!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous NancyK said...

Happy New Year Kelly - Thanks for sharing so much on your blog. I am so impressed that you are able to travel as much as you do and do it in a healthy way. Here is to a fantastic 2012 in which both of us will reach goal!!!!
hugs!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger MizTori said...

Happy New Year!!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Katelyn said...

Happy New Year!!! Here's to meeting your goal in the new year! <3

 
At January 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@NancyK - Thanks so much! Hugs right back your way!

@Tori - Happy New Year, dear!

@KateRN - I'm definitely going to hit it this year and I'm hoping in the 1st half of the year! Here's to hitting your pre-Italy goal! You've got this!!!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I cannot imagine how it must feel to have such a sense of accomplishment... this is going to be me one year from now and I cannot wait! Congrats on such a great and empowering job in 2011!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home