This Page

has been moved to new address

Holiday Travel Fun – Westbound Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Holiday Travel Fun – Westbound Edition

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Travel Fun – Westbound Edition

Oh, I enjoyed my Eastbound travel SOOOO much more than the Westbound travel.  Even with the flight cancellations and 18 inches of snow, round one was SO much better than round two.


Leaving King Hayden behind didn't make it any easier...
It started early.  I was at the airport by 8:45am and ready to fly.  My plane, however, arrived late.  This created a super-tight connection in Dulles - - 18 minutes.  The gate agent was "sure" I could make it because the gate was "just down the hall."




When we landed in Dulles, we literally had 15 minutes to get off the plane and get to the gate.  I decided to run for it, thinking I could surely make it.  Um, that was the longest "hall" of my life.  I arrived at D15 out of breath and there was a plane I could see out the window but couldn't get to.  


That meant I had an additional 3 hours in Dulles to kill.  What to do, what to do.  After I caught my breath, it became entertaining.


It was about 12:30pm, so it was time to get my lunch on.  Airports have TONS of choices, and conveniently there was a Subway RIGHT next to the gate I ran to.  That seemed like the right thing to do, but I really wanted this....


Beth's Famous Patriotic Turkey Dinner Leftover Panini - - Just one more bite of stuffing is all I wanted!
I even debated walking down the concourse to see what other healthy options were around.  Surely, there was something.  I think we both know that would have led me astray.  So, I walked back down to Subway and ordered a sandwich. 


I splurged a little and got the Chicken Teriyaki sammie instead of my usual Veggie Delite.  It was AWESOME.  I also added a local topping to the sandwich that I'm now officially in love with.

Check out that hot pepper relish!?  How do I get that in Colorado?  Must find a recipe!
After lunch, I had 2 hours and 40 minutes remaining.  Hmmmm... How convenient that the Subway was right across the hall from this place...


HOW CONVENIENT!
Now, I certainly didn't need a 10 minute manicure, as I was trying to kill time.  I went with the Travel manicure and got it done in Essie's Barefoot and Topless color.  Just a light natural pink.  So cute!


The crazy part about the quick mani is that the guy who did my nails was totally a psychic!  So fun!  We talked about my future and Chinese New Year.  Apparently, I'm a Dragon after YEARS of believing I was a Snake per chinese restaurant placemats.  Also, per his prediction, this blog should be peppered with info about my new man in the new year (when he decides to appear.)


It's the year of the Dragon this year.... quite appropriate if you ask me!
I finally caught my flight and arrived happily in Denver about 5:00pm.  Hmm.... but where-o-where was my bag?  Apparently 3 hours wasn't long enough to get my bag on the plane, so United put it on a later flight.  


The "good" news was that they would deliver it to my house between 9pm-1:30am.  My bag arrived at 3:45am.  


I stayed up until 1:30am to open the door, but there was no way I'd have made it until 3:45am.  The good news is that my bag is here, the laundry is spinning, and I've got these folks on the TV


Thanks, USA, for expecting me to need chick flicks today!
I do have plans to get to the gym at some point today as well.  I look like I'm up 1.5 lbs from vacation and it's time to work those off!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Sorry you missed your connecting flight but it's always good to be home! Glad you're back now :-)

 
At December 29, 2011 at 7:18 AM , Anonymous NancyK said...

What a great way to spend a layover!!!

 
At December 29, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks, Ladies! I had fun in Dulles and it's soooo good to be home now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home