This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Low Fat Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Low Fat Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette

Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Recipe: Low Fat Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette

These days, anytime time I'm home.... I'm cooking.  I feel like I have so many yummy recipes at my fingertips, and I'm just dying to try them!


ALWAYS on a quest for a delicious new salad dressing, I found another delicious one on Skinny Taste.  I am tomato-obsessed, so this one was a no-brainer




Low Fat Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette
Serves 8
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.






1 medium red ripe tomato
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. oregano
salt and fresh pepper to taste
1 clove garlic (I used roasted and added one extra clove)
1 Tbsp. minced shallot


1.  Chop tomato in food processor.  Add crushed garlic, vinegar, EVOO, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.  Pulse a few times until smooth.

The tomatoes create a fragrant base for the dressing.
2.  Add chopped shallot and mix well.  Set aside a few hours to allow the flavors to blend well.


Look how beautiful it becomes!

ENJOY!
PER 2 TBSP. SERVING:  CALORIES 50.8 FAT 5.1g; PROTEIN 0.2g; CARB 1.3g; FIBER 0.2g; SUGAR 0.2g  

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Chris said...

OMGosh is this good! I only used 1 T EVOO for a total of 25 calories/2T. Brilliant recipe - I could drink it!! Yum!
Chris

 
At September 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Ok... I'm going to have to try it with less oil for sure. The first go-round I didn't make any modifications, and I'm telling you... it's go-ooood. Knowing that it's good with two Tbsp less oil, I think we know how I'm making it the next time. Thanks for the tip!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Anonymous Michelle said...

This is a fabulous recipe. I used all three TBSPs and it tasted awesome, but next time I will try a little less oil next time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home