This Page

has been moved to new address

365 Days Later

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: 365 Days Later

Friday, November 4, 2011

365 Days Later

This week marked a very special anniversary.  I've officially been on the Jenny Craig program for ONE YEAR.


I can't really believe it myself.  I've been on weight-loss programs off and on throughout my adult life, but never have I stuck to something this long.  


BEFORE JENNY CRAIG
At Pearl Harbor - January 2009 (A Rare Body Pic)
So much in my life has changed over this past year.  It's hard to believe that that girl above is the same person that I am today.  But she is.  She was just buried in extra layers... and had a MUCH bigger appetite.  She walks much taller now.  She walks prouder and FASTER.  


Stanley Hotel - February 2010
In going back to find pics of the BEFORE period, it's also interesting how many LESS pictures there are of me.  I think that's a little sad.  I'm a HUGE lover of photography and capturing the moment, but I used to spend my time taking pictures of everyone else.  Staying behind the camera kept me out of the pics, and kept me from excessive cringing...  I still take tons of pics of everyone else, but I like to get in front of the camera now, too.


The Mother of ALL Before Pics - February 2010 - That's really my butt, seriously??
I wouldn't say I like to take TONS of pictures of me, but I don't mind them when I see them today.  And, they're usually a reminder of how far I've come.  And, trips down memory lane like this usually make me reflect even more.

After a Dinner with the Girls in TN - October 2010 - Days before Joining JC

The other thing I'd say is that the new KG is much BUSIER!  I'm no longer busy eating, and now I'm much busier living!  2011 has been a year that I've travelled so much!  I've gone to see friends I haven't seen in YEARS.  I spent time on the West Coast, the East Coast, and just about everywhere in between.  I've visited girlfriends I haven't seen since college and ones that I'd seen since but just missed desperately.  I've LIVED.


AFTER JENNY CRAIG ENTERED MY LIFE

Downtown Denver - September 2011
I write this post to share with all of you who've supported me over the past year (and beyond) how far I've come, but I also write it as a reminder to myself.  I cannot and WILL NOT allow myself to slip back into old habits.  I cannot and WILL NOT allow myself to become a "BEFORE" again.  



Atop of Pike's Peak - October 2011
If you're still contemplating your journey or maybe you've lost your motivation to continue, I ask you to think about it.  Do you want to be a BEFORE or an AFTER?  I definitely choose AFTER.  Every time, I choose AFTER.  I choose AFTER for me and choose AFTER because I deserve it.  You deserve it, too.



Manitou Springs with Jaede - October 2011
I've parted with nearly 70 lbs now.  70 lbs of me are gone forever.  That's a big number and I realize it.  I used to walk around with that extra 70 lbs on me.  I used to walk up the stairs with them.  Not any longer; we've said our goodbyes.  I've also said goodbye to many a pants size.  When I say many, I mean FIVE.



Hard at work - September 2011
I don't miss them one bit.  There's not a day that goes by that I think... I wish I had that 5 lbs back or wish I was back in a 22W pant.  Not one day do I think I'd rather have eaten the Orange Chicken instead of the Steamed Veggies.  No regrets whatsoever, but definitely lots of lessens learned.


Dinner with Co-Workers in Austin - October 2011 
Thank you for being a part of this journey.  I don't think even I believed I could do it, but you did.  I was AFRAID, and you gave me more strength than you'll ever know.    


The story's not over, as this is just the beginning.  Stay tuned for Chapter 2.  I've got a lot of plans on how this is story is going to progress.  I promise, you're in for a treat. 


xoxo - Kelly

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At November 5, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are beautiful. Great before and after pictures.

 
At November 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Taryn said...

You are gorgeous (you were before and you are now). I'm so proud to have been following your journey and am amazed at your transformation. You are truly inspiring.

 
At November 5, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and all your success! Marion

 
At November 5, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! Congratulations on your success.

 
At November 5, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! I found your blog from the Jenny Craig forums, I just joined on November 3 and I am aiming to lose 80 lbs. Seeing your transformation in 1 year gives me so much inspiration, I'll have to come look at this post if I start doubting myself. Thank you for writing this blog, your recipes look great also!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 6:05 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks, all! :) Chapter 2 is going to be EVEN better!

To the lovely commenter who just joined.. you SOOOOO can do this! When I was staring down at the number 91, I really didn't think there was ANYWAY I would get anywhere close to that number. Obviously, I'm getting closer... just stick to it and take it day by day. Be kind to yourself along the way, and allow yourself to learn. You've got this! Email me if I can help in any way. :)

 
At November 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Blogger AngryFatChica said...

You look fabulous. Congratulations on your journey.

 
At November 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Laurel Petty said...

This post bring just brought tears to my eyes! I'm also now about 75 lbs. (and 5 pants sizes) down from my heaviest back in 2004... Those who have never battled with their weight have absolutely no idea how fortunate they are. For the rest of us, it is absolutely CRUCIAL to realize there are others who share the same struggles and that we can benefit from their inspiration. No one has to do this alone! Thanks so much for helping me get back on the wagon ONCE AND FOR ALL. Perhaps for the first time in my life, I actually believe that I CAN achieve my goal weight. So happy to have you sharing the journey with me!
love you, KG!!!
xoxo

 
At November 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Congratulations Kelly! You look amazing and are a huge inspiration - just beautiful!

 
At November 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks, Hilary - - I feel like you've been there the whole way! Thanks so much for all of your comments and support! xoxo

 
At November 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

And, @LP - - You brought tears to my eyes! How awesome for us that we're taking full advantage of our lives and our health! So happy to have you on this journey with me and that we're going to hit the mediterranean together at some point to celebrate! xoxo

 
At November 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Anonymous Nieve said...

Congrats Kelly on your amazing journey - you look phenomenal! On November 24th I will reach my 6 month anniversary with JC (the longest time I have ever been on and succeeded with a weight loss program) and I'm hoping in May when I reach my 365 I will be enojoying just as much success as you. Your journey has inspired me to stick with mine - thank you!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM , Blogger mama.on.the.move said...

i have just found your blog and i LOVE this post. such an inspiration to see such a change. congratulations!! you have obviously worked hard and it has really paid off. reading your part about photography really hit home, im NEVER in the photo, always the one taking it. looking forward to following your journey :)

 
At January 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Mama - I'm so glad you stopped by! It's been a super-fun year (as you can tell.) I must say, I still love being behind the camera and taking shots. I have to REMIND myself to pass the camera to a friend/family member!

 
At February 19, 2012 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Blessings to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home