This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: JC Chicken Fajita Quesadillas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: JC Chicken Fajita Quesadillas

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Recipe: JC Chicken Fajita Quesadillas

HOLY MEXICAN DELICIOUSNESS!


I truly have NO IDEA why I don't eat the JC Fajitas more often.  Every time I do, I'm amazed by how good they are. I modify them differently each time (i.e. my previously posted JC Enchilada creation), but this one.... this one might be my ABSOLUTE favorite!


Close-Up
One of the fabulous ladies on the JC Forums mentioned that she makes the JC Fajitas into Quesadillas, and I couldn't resist trying it out.  



JC Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
Serves 1






Cook the fajitas in a skillet per the package directions until the chicken and veggies have browned.  






Remove to a separate bowl and toss with the Penzey's Fajita Seasoning.  (Note:  You can also use the seasoning packet that JC provides, but I prefer Penzey's seasoning because it's a little tastier!)




Thaw the tortillas per the package directions (I did mine in the skillet I used to cook the chicken.)  Take one DELICIOUS wedge of the Laughing Cow Cheese and split it in half lengthwise.  Spread half on each one of the tortillas.  




I felt like I needed some meltable cheese on the quesadilla too, so I added about 1-2 Tbsp of Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (split between the two tortillas.)  Assemble the quesadilla by piling the fajita mixture onto each tortilla, and then fold each tortilla in half.  Coat the pan with cooking spray and add the quesadilla.  Turn after a few minutes and cook on the other side.



It's done when you peek at the insides and it's fabulously gooey and melted... MMMMMmmmm.



Put it on a plate and cut it into triangles with a pizza cutter.  ENJOY!


I can't even begin to tell you how good this is.  The Laughing Cow Cheese melts up really well, and tastes amazing.  It's also really filling!  I dare you to eat this just once.  I'm totally having it tomorrow night again!

Let me know what you think when you try it out!

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At June 8, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Christina said...

That sounds so yummy! Can't wait to try it!! So do you eat less during your other meals in order to add the extra calories at that meal?

 
At June 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Well, most of it is really inside of the JC meal, so you're not really adding much. The wedge of Laughing Cow is a limited free, and I'm not huge on dairy so I don't usually worry about the bit of added fat free cheddar. I usually only get one milk serving a day, so I allow that little bit o' cheese. On this one, I'd say I only had about 1.5 Tbsp.

 
At June 9, 2011 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Wow that sounds so yummmyyyy i am going to try this when my tummy is better! Was it just one meat serving you had to add to your exchanges because of the cheese?

 
At June 9, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Linda - Not an expert by any means, but you'll see my explanation above. The Laughing Cow per my JCC is a limited free. The 1-2 Tbsp of cheese I counted as a dairy that day.... I'm not that into dairy so I'll take it where I can get it.

 
At June 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Just have to say - I tried this tonight on my first Chicken Fajitas meal on JC, and OMG it was amazing. I am the opposite of creative when it comes to food preparation, and needless to say I never would have thought of the combo. I didn't add the cheddar cheese, but found the Queso Fresco spread at the store and didn't miss a thing! Thanks so much for the awesome twist, this is the first meal in two weeks that really blew me away! [I'm on week 2 ;) ]

 
At August 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum

 
At August 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

Making this tomorrow! I can't wait!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Is this your first time to try it? Excited to hear what you think... it's one of my absolute FAVES. :)

 
At November 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I am eating this right now...yummmmm!

 
At November 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Facial Artistry said...

This sounds absolutely heavenly! I really want to try it however I believe the calculations are incorrect. According to Jenny Craig, cheese is considered a meat and not a dairy. I'll have to do some refiguring in order to make it work. Thanks for the idea!

 
At November 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Always feel free to check with your personal JCC to verify any recipes I include here. I know there are variations on exchanges. The extra cheese is not in anyway required, I just enjoyed it. Happy cooking!

 
At January 7, 2012 at 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks delicious!! ill def be ordering up more fajitas on my next JC visit! hoping to see more of your variations of JC recipes and you bulk them up with veggies!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Hannah "Happineff" said...

I just tried one tonight and it is TO DIE FOR! This is going on the menu every week!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Hannah - Yay!!! So glad you tried it and liked it!!!

 
At February 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM , Anonymous Shawnaprimadonna said...

Just came across your blog this week. You are truly inspiring and are so fun to follow. I started JC last week and am excited about my upcoming journey.
Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures.

Trying fajita quesadilla tonight! Thanks Kelly!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home