This Page

has been moved to new address

ONEderland: I've Arrived

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: ONEderland: I've Arrived

Thursday, June 23, 2011

ONEderland: I've Arrived

I finally faced the scale today... and have great news to report!



I WEIGH LESS THAN 200 lbs! 
I WEIGH LESS THAN 200 LBS!!

Hmmm... I kind of expected bells to ring and parades to be taking place in town, but instead I celebrated quietly.  I bantered with encouraging friends via BBM who were eagerly awaiting the results, excitedly shared a phone call with my fellow JC'er/sis-in-law Beth, and I wore a perma-smile ALL DAY LONG.  That's how I celebrated, and I also added two more rewards. :)

SOMETHING TO REMEMBER IT
I know that some of you MUST be fans of the Biggest Loser.  I can't believe that I'm the only one out there who gets wildly motivated by watching the cast members lose amazing amounts of weight.  Well, this season, I just LOVED the ladies who competed.  Sisters and Purple Team Members Hannah Curlee and Olivia Ward were my faves, particularly Hannah. 


Even though she wasn't the Biggest Loser, I just related a lot to her story as a single girl from Nashville who had a significant amount of weight to lose.  Well, she wore a necklace to EVERY weigh in that I just loved.  Anyone else see it? 

Through the magic of the internet, I found the necklace at Zoe Chicco Jewelry's website. I wanted it to be my ONEderland necklace, and so it is.  A reminder to me that I never want to see that TWO again, and a beautiful piece to be proud to wear as a result of my accomplishment.  One larger circle to represent where I was, and the smaller one to represent where I am and where I will be in the future - SMALLER.

I debuted my necklace today, and I love it. :)

SOMETHING TO SAVOR
Shame on me for rewarding myself with food.... but I decided to have a small cup of Golden Spoon frozen yogurt (4 oz) to celebrate as well.  A reasonable snack that could be incorporated into my diet, I've only ONCE gone into the yogurt shop since it popped up about 8 months ago next to my usual grocery store.  HUGE WILLPOWER, right? 


Well, I had a 4 oz. Cake Batter Fat Free Yogurt, and it was yummy and refreshing.  I don't crave it or need it tomorrow, but I just kind of wanted it today.  So, I did it!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT THROUGH THIS PROCESS!  I can't even tell you how encouraging your comments have been. 

Note:  This process has been much easier than I thought it would be 57 lbs ago.  If you don't think you can do it and/or doubt you'll make it far enough, be determined and WANT it.  That's all I've done, the secret to my success.  I promise I don't even wear a cape. :)

Alright, let's go after that last 33.8 lbs now!

xoxo - Kelly

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At June 24, 2011 at 7:22 AM , Blogger NancyK said...

Kelly - sending you big congrats thru the internet on this latest accomplishment! I just found your blog via the JC forum and have read several of your past entries. I am about 8 pound till I get into the "onederland" and its been slow going for me, but your blog has provided me with insight and humor to keep me going. All the best to you!
Nancy

 
At June 24, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Blogger KaraK said...

Hi Kelly – I just wanted to say that I came across your blog today through the JC community and would like to thank you for it! It couldn't of came to me at a better time then now. I started at the very beginning of your blogs and could not stop until I was up-to-date! LOL Your journey is very inspiring and I want to congratulate you on your dive into onederland! I am a huge Biggest Loser FAN too! At the beginning of my journey I was as you 5'4" and 260 lbs at my largest! I made it down to 208 on JC and had ran a 5K last in 2010 amazingly enough! While training for a 10k last fall I sprained my ankle and life just went out of control gaining back up to 236! YIKES Looks even worse typed. However, I have been back into the JC life correctly for the past few weeks and have lost 6 lbs so far! My biggest wall for me has always been getting so close to that 199 and for one reason or another see it fade further away over the years! I am also a single gal officially in her 30s living in Maryland and have very much related to your story! I just thought I would share a bit of my story and thank you for saving me from slipping into what could of been some of old patterns today! I woke up in a funk but, now have a restored outlook after reading your story. Thank you Kelly! Wishing you all the best! Let's all do it together! Cheers~Kara

 
At June 25, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Terri said...

Soooo happy for you! I love the idea of the necklace! If I don't find something else I just may use your idea!

I started where you were and my first goal is to get below 200. How long did it take you to get there? I know you are a lot younger than me but inquiring minds want to know!

I also love your fajita change up...I will try it this week.

Again, congrats to seeing onederland and am sooo happy for you. You were/are gorgeous...inside and out!

Terri

 
At June 25, 2011 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Christina said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!

I am so happy for you! I only have 24 more pounds to go and then I will be joining you in onederland. I love that you rewarded yourself with that beautiful necklace. I also really related to her story as well. So inspiring.

Just keep on doing what you are doing because it is working!

 
At July 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Jenster said...

Kelly...Hope everything it ok..haven't seen you on here in over a week! Congrats on your successful journey. I have just started week 3 with JC. I really look forward to reading your blogs..you are an inspiration.

 
At July 3, 2011 at 11:32 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Jenster - I've been having a LOT of trouble with Blogger this week... but your post made me check in to see if it's back up and running. More posts to come! :)

 
At July 3, 2011 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

YEAH!!! I look forward to it :) Happy 4th of July. I have healthy grilled veggies planned, so I can stay on track :)

 
At July 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Wow... Such awesome comments. Where to begin...

NancyK - You go, girl! 8 lbs! You're almost here! I'll put the banner and balloons up for your arrival :)

KaraK - Our journeys do sound very similar! Excited that you are back on JC, and that you too will be having great success soon! Although... I'm VERY impressed with that 5K and even the thought of a 10K makes me salute your efforts! I'm glad you're out of the funk! You can do this!

Terri - The necklace is just fun, and makes me feel like the Biggest Loser herself! Would be honored to wear it with you! Let me know what you think of the fajita change-up... I'm thinking I'm going to do another version soon. I have another idea for it....

Christina - Always nice to hear from you. Hoping things are going well on your end... 24 more to go. You have to let me know when you get here too. Balloons and banners will be hung accordingly, next to Nancy's :)

Jenster - Thanks for getting me back on here! Nice to know that Blogger is going to be my friend today...

 
At November 29, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Hannah Curlee said...

Hi There! I can't believe I am just now seeing this! I am so honored that you would have us in your blog. It looks like by changing your life, you have inspired others as well! I still wear my Zoe Chicco necklace everyday. It reminds me where I have been, where I am and where I am going. Keep fighting the good fight my dear, it's worth every step!!
XOXO,
Hannah Curlee
Biggest Loser Season 11 Runner Up

 
At November 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Hannah - Unbelievable that you would stop by and leave such a nice note! Feeling utterly starstruck now.... xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home