This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Yesterday was MUCH more in line with what I expected to get done during my time off.  I always take a lot of time off this time of year, and this year I believe I set a record.  My last day of work was December 21st, and I'm not headed back to work until January 3rd.  


I made a list of to-do's that I never have time to get around to.  I happily checked off quite a few items on the list.


Install wireless internet at home.  CHECK!
Meet with a trainer at the YMCA to learn how to use the weight machines.  CHECK!
Take down the Christmas tree.  CHECK!

Today's list is not nearly as fun (as it involves me getting dressed and wearing make-up - - the horror!!!)  In the end, my list will get smaller, so I suppose I'll suffer through it.  Besides, it always feels so great to start the year with everything organized, so it's worth it.

I also have an AWESOME new recipe to share with you today.  You're seriously going to love this one.  It comes from Weight Watchers' All-Time Favorites cookbook and is yet another recipe that my sister-in-law Beth shared with me. 

This one is soooo good.  The balsamic vinegar you add at the end makes SUCH a big flavor difference.  So good!

SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
From Weight Watchers' All-Time Favorites
Serves 8


INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 pound boneless beef bottom round (or london broil)
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 lb. new potatoes, quartered
1 (16-oz) bag baby carrots
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup fat free beef broth
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crumbled
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt

INSTRUCTIONS

1.  Mix the beef and flour together in a zip-lock plastic bag. Shake the bag to coat the meat.



2.  Place the beef and flour mixture, carrots, potatoes, onions, wine, thyme, and garlic in the slow cooker.






3.  Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours, until all is tender. Stir in vinegar and salt for the final finish.



PER SERVING: CAL: 213; FAT: 4g; SODIUM: 147mg; CARB: 22g; PROTEIN: 2g

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

This sounds really tasty... like the perfect cold weather din!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Hil - This is literally one of my favorite recipes in my entire collection. I'd eat it even if I weren't trying to lose weight. It's THAT good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home