This Page

has been moved to new address

This Week's Weigh-In and Travel Surprises

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: This Week's Weigh-In and Travel Surprises

Thursday, December 22, 2011

This Week's Weigh-In and Travel Surprises

I thought this jumping lady could express well my
excitement, but she's really just
a creepy floating lady.
I've really been on a roll with working out and eating right this week, so I couldn't resist one last weigh-in before I went home for the holidays!  


Quick Reminder:  Last time I weighed in was last Friday... Just FIVE days ago!



This Week's Weigh-In:  -2.0 lbs
Total Lost:  -73.6 lbs

As you can imagine, the consultants at JC were not only stunned to see me two weeks in row, but also a bit shocked by my 2nd week of weight loss.  

"What are you doing?" they asked and several of you have asked the same on MyFitnessPal.  I'm just eating right (not cheating) and working out sometimes... that's it!  And, brilliantly, it's working!!!

I've also upped my veggie intake over the past few weeks, which means my food quantities have actually gone up but it's those good healthy calories that are going in as opposed to excess Pirate's Booty (although I do LOVE that Booty!)

TRAVEL SURPRISES
After my early morning weigh-in, I had sales visits to make!  So, I quickly got dressed and headed to Colorado Springs.  About half way there, I checked the weather on my phone to see that Denver was under a Winter Weather Warning.  WHAT THE HECK!!!

When I had checked the weather days earlier, I had the "all clear."  Now, all the sudden the snow was in the forecast AGAIN.


Quick PSA to the State of Colorado:  I'm about done with snow this year.  If Mama Nature doesn't cool her jets, I'm going to be packing up all the Fiestaware and heading West to live happily ever after in San Diego... Not joking.  I detest heavy snow that leaves me stranded or gripping the steering wheel.  Please discontinue this unpleasant (although seasonally appropriate) weather in the low country. Pretty Please!!!!


Back to our story... 


What I initially heard was that we'd have 3-5 inches, and suddenly I'm told that the new snowfall is set at 10-15 inches (again!)  As you can imagine, this Tennessee girl has no time for snow.


So, I pooled my resources and came up with THE BEST PLAN.  I'm spending the night here:


Imagine this place dark and covered with snow
The Courtyard near the airport seemed like a brilliant idea.  Free shuttle service to the airport in the morning and $20 to park for up to 10 days.  PERFECTION!  Also making this a perfect solution:  I booked the room on Marriott points.  One of the main perks to traveling 3 weeks a month!


My packing job:  I wouldn't call it perfect (not in a million), but it's done.


My dinner:  Pretty darn perfectly planned


One of my favorite JC dinners.  Last healthy dinner before I'm faced with holiday eating...
There's always so many of these guys left... Anyone else have the same thing happen?
I'm hoping the airport resembles the way it looked at Thanksgiving, but I'm not counting on it.  Here's to getting to Virginia today amidst all this snow.  

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At December 22, 2011 at 6:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate peas...I'm so with you on that! I've been tracking the weather as we are travelling through the great U.S.A. on our way to a sunny destination and WOW the rockies are getting hammered with that winter wonderland, NOT. Take care and I hope you make it to Virginia safe and sound...I love Virginia, such a pretty state. Marion

 
At December 22, 2011 at 6:43 AM , Blogger Bzybee said...

" I'm just eating right (not cheating) and working out sometimes... that's it!"

People appear to be a little disappointed when I tell them how I am losing weight. Which is exactly what you are doing. I have recorded 120 days in my food diary and been about 99.95% complete and honest, and exercising too.

It works.. and it really can't fail assuming you do not have a medical issue.

 
At December 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I'm so happy for you and your recent successes! Must feel incredible, especially around the holidays! You've inspired me and I'm trying to be really mindful of my choices

 
At December 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Obviously I'm behind but I hope you made it to VA okay.. but most importantly, congrats on that big loss this week! You're a huge inspiration to me Kelly, seriously. I'm so glad I found your blog :). Keep up the awesome work!

 
At December 27, 2011 at 8:15 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks, Hil! I need to catch up on your Christmas break tonight... Your blog's one of my faves too... We're going to get to goal! Gotta stick together!

 
At December 27, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 27, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Marion - Hope you had a great Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration, as always :)

@Byzbee - Agreed. No secret breathing techniques or anything. Just eating well and exercising. :)

@Erin - I should be back on the scale by Friday. Will keep you posted on my progress in your challenge. Not expecting much this week....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home