This Page

has been moved to new address

Top 5 Pics from My Cape Cod Vacation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Top 5 Pics from My Cape Cod Vacation

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Top 5 Pics from My Cape Cod Vacation

Last week, I told you guys about my photography class and my new love for my fancy cam.  


Well... I took about 700 pictures during my trip.  That's about 100 pics a day, and I was traveling two of those days!  Given, my niece and nephew are GREAT subjects and willing to pose for Auntie Kelly, so that makes it easy. But, a lot of my shots were just random pics of me playing with the settings on the cam.


This book helped quite a bit too...




As a result, I bring you my TOP 5 PICS FROM VACATION... 





1.  Hailey's Beach Towel Fashion Show
Hailey did a towel fashion show for us on the last day.  I just loved the colors in this one, and how happy she looks showing off her use of the towel in this latest look. 








2.  Bette's Hydrangeas
As soon as we arrived on the Cape, I immediately noticed all of the flowers everywhere, and the fact that almost every home had a hydrangea bush.  This simple pic of Bette's hydrangeas is one of my faves, as these flowers throughout the Cape were one of my favorite things.


3.  Sunrise at Nauset Beach
Waking up at 5am is a BIG deal to me.  I don't just do that.  And, even when I do... I kind of struggle.  This early wake up call was SO worth it. 
The waves were huge and the colors were vivid.
They made a gorgeous sunrise over the Atlantic, and I feel lucky that I got to see it (and to take a nap when we got back to the house.) 


4.  Food Pics
We made some delicious food at the Cape.  And, I took a few pics of them.  You've already seen the yummy veggie sandwich.  Well, how about this BBQ Baked Potato?  I'll post the recipe over the next week or so.  It's fun to capture the detail of food though.  It also makes my recipe posts look SO much better!


5.  My Niece and Nephew at Sunset - Rock Harbor - Orleans, MA
We went to Rock Harbor to catch pics of the sunset, and I was perched toward the end of the beach waiting for the sun to work it's magic.  Little did I know that H&H playing near me would be one of my favorite shots.  

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At August 6, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

Looks like you had a great time!! LOVE the photos, excellent job! I love that hydrangea picture the best, I looove naturescapes!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Fat in Suburbia said...

Those pictures are fabulous!!!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

AMAZING photos...and I'm getting the Rebel 2Ti in approximately 14lbs :D

 
At August 6, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks, Ladies! PS.... Fatgirl - You are going to LOVE it! They have a new version (the 3) out now... might be even better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home