This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Sinful Peanut Butter Tagalong Trifles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Sinful Peanut Butter Tagalong Trifles

Monday, November 21, 2011

New Recipe: Sinful Peanut Butter Tagalong Trifles

My entire family loves PEANUT BUTTER.  Well, just about the whole family does.  I think either my niece or my nephew doesn't eat it... but I literally don't believe it.  

When I see them this week, and I'll find out which one it is.  Then, I'll try to influence their young, impressionable minds!  Or maybe we'll leave them with Ol' Gramps for some proper training!


My grandfather eats peanut butter on everything.  Literally everything.  Dinner rolls, pancakes, doughnuts, coffee cake, italian bread with spaghetti (yep!).  There's nothing he's eaten that he says doesn't taste a little better with a little PB.  My grandma even used to buy peanut butter by the BUCKET to keep him stocked up on his favorite spread.  Now, that's PB LOVE.



Of course, he taught us to love it, too.  Meaning that toasty, gooey peanut butter sandwiches have always been my favorite and that pancakes with peanut butter and syrup make my mouth water just thinking about it.  I do leave the PB on bread with spaghetti to him though... that's a little much for this girl.



Cutting PB out of my life and replacing it with PB2 has been challenging, but I've found a way to make it work.  In order for me to lose the weight I have and the weight I have left, peanut butter has become a super-special indulgence, instead of an everyday food group. When I find a recipe like this though, I have no choice but to break out the big guns and splurge on a jar of Peter Pan and try it.  



When I saw that this recipe called for a homemade peanut butter mousse and Tagalong girl scout cookies (AKA Peanut Butter Patties if you're from Ohio like me), I knew I was in.  AND... I was hosting dinner at my house for some friends with birthdays.  They NEEDED something special, right?? 



To keep myself in check, I made them into mini-parfait desserts using the super-cute tasting glasses I found at Pier One.  Just the right size glasses, and they come with tiny spoons, too.  Too cute!


Now, I warned you yesterday that today's recipe wouldn't be JC friendly.  Jenny, look away!  Just look away!


Without further ado, I bring you my new favorite dessert.  Try it at your own risk... it's amazing.


Peanut Butter Tagalong Trifles
Adapted from My Baking Addiction via Pinterest
Makes 4 mini parfaits

INGREDIENTS:

For the Peanut Butter Mousse
4 oz. 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup plus one Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream

For the Trifle Layers
4 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies or these, chopped
Hershey's Hot Fudge Sauce
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream plus 1 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar, whipped

DIRECTIONS:

For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream until combined and fluffy - - About 3 minutes.

To Assemble the Peanut Butter Trifles
Place about 1/2 tagalong per parfait in the bottom of the glass.  Pipe or spoon in a layer of peanut butter mousse.  Add a layer of fudge sauce and repeat layers.  Top with whipped cream and finish with chopped Tagalong cookies.


ENJOY!!!

Note #1:  These trifles are best enjoyed the same day they are made.


Note #2:  I recommend disposing of any of the ingredients you can't trust yourself around.  While I know there are starving children in America, I know that they don't need these sweet treats either.  Not pictured in the trash because it was trembling beneath the Oreos:  A jar of Reduced Fat Peter Pan Peanut Butter.  It had to go, too.


I also made this second mini-dessert, so as to offer my guests some options.  Delish as well.  This one was a little bit healthier, and involved the Oreos pictured above.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 22, 2011 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Katelyn said...

OH DEAR GOD.

This looks amazing. And I may have to try this. May? Who am I kidding? I will be trying this LOL

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Kate... it's crazy delish. Let me know how it goes!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

How I missed this recipe is beyond me.. so this might be on my dessert list this weekend...but WOW Kelly... IMPRESSIVE that you threw all that away!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

If you make it, you will feel like a culinary genius as soon as you taste the mousse. It's SOOOOO PB-fantastic! MMMmmmm. And, I had to throw those cookies away. I seriously would have sat down with the whole bag.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home