This Page

has been moved to new address

Victory and an NSV from 30,000 Feet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Victory and an NSV from 30,000 Feet

Monday, June 13, 2011

Victory and an NSV from 30,000 Feet

It's with great pleasure and with great pride that I announce that I lost -2.4 lbs this week!  What???  Yep, -2.4 lbs, I said! 

The spell has been broken!  I'm officially down again!  Wooooooooo!  So happy about all of this.  Now I am just 1.6 away from ONEderland!!!!!  Words cannot describe my excitement (but perhaps the number of exclamation points I just used will give you a clue.)

A big loss is definitely a great way to start a Monday.  As usual, I had to weigh quickly and get the heck out of town!  When you're traveling somewhere you get to see beautiful sites like this, it's really not so bad.

Middle of Nowhere, Idaho
This week, my travels take me to Idaho and Utah.  So, as usual, I trucked to the airport to do my thing (aka... to take an awesome airnap - - which is some of my favorite sleep!)

So... what's my NSV?  Here's a hint.  It has something to do with flying....


As a Denver girl, you KNOW I'm flying Frontier Airlines (only the best airline in the world!)  Their cabins are so cozy with the TVs and the stretch seating that I just love...


Stretch seating just adds like 5 inches to your legroom, and it feels like 1st class since it's in the front of the cabin.  I like to think I'm VIP, so you know I like that, too.  Now, stretch seating adds legroom, but it doesn't add any width to the seat.

So.. The TVs are fantastic and everyone likes to watch them, right?  Well, the TVs were something that I had grown to HATE when flying. When you've got a large bottom, sometimes you fill that seat a little too much... and sometimes (gasp) you even expand into other people's space.

I'd blogged before that my most DREADED thing about traveling as an overweight person was the possibility that I'd eventually have to ask for a seatbelt extender (eeks!).  That was a future embarrassing moment, but unfortunately, there was a weekly moment I was having that was SO humiliating.

The fab TVs that Frontier has are controlled by the armrests.  I always sit on the window, so there's someone sharing my armrest.  Now if you "expand into other people's space" as I mention above, there are times when the armrest wont go down properly, and on most days, you can feel it every time the person next to you changes the channel.  Mostly because they are literally pressing down on your hip fat.  This was MORTIFYING for me.  There was one time when a guy was smacking the armrest down trying to get it down... not realizing my chubby body was pushing it back up.  SO EMBARRASSING.

So, I noticed today... that it's been a LONG time since anyone has woken me up from an airnap due to the dumb armrest, and it's been forever since I felt squished into the seat.  When I looked down today... there was space, folks!  I mean, I carry my weight in my butt, hips, thighs, so it's not like you could fit two of me in the seat, but there is no longer this issue. 

I cannot even tell you how big my smile was when I realized it, and interestingly enough... it was right about the time when the flight attendant came by with a WARM signature Frontier chocolate chip cookie.  Amidst my smile, I offered a polite "no, thank you" and was so glad I'd made the decision to say "no thank you" to many temptations over the past 6+ months.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Christina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is so awesome!!!! I carry my weight in my hips but and thighs too and I totally know exactly what you are talking about. I am so happy for you!!! THat is so inspiring.... and by the way I'm so jealous you can sleep on airplanes! I can just never get comfortable. Oh are you on Metabolic Max?

 
At June 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

What would you think I I told you I'm usually asleep BEFORE takeoff... I'm like a baby. The hum of the engines knocks me out cold.

No Metabolic Max here btw...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home