This Page

has been moved to new address

Next Mini-Goal: Losing an 8 Year Old

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Next Mini-Goal: Losing an 8 Year Old

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Next Mini-Goal: Losing an 8 Year Old

My end of day drive today was 4.25 hours, and took me to the middle of Wyoming.  It's a lot of open space with some hills and mountains off in the distance.  Lots of time to think, and lots of time to plot my future weight loss goals! 

During my long drive, I realized that I'm just FOUR POINT EIGHT lbs from my next mini-goal!  I say "mini-goal" as it's not tied to any specific reward, and I say "mini-goal" as it's not really a landmark.  Although, it's pretty amazing.

In JUST 4.8 LBS, I'll have lost the equivalent of my 8-year-old niece!

HMG making snow angels over Christmas vacation
You may recall my excitement when I lost her brother (AKA The Small Boy).  Well, she's my next target! 

Keep in mind, she's tall and can read.  She's also a 3rd grader now... and she's not easy to pick up anymore!  I like to think that I've been carrying her on my back for the past 5 years.  Just crazy!

If you're having trouble visualizing and/or appreciating how much you've lost, compare it to a 5 lb. bag of potatoes... a heavy ham or turkey... how much your dog weighs... or even some small children that are running about.  It makes you wonder where all that weight was on your body, and hopefully makes you appreciate EVEN MORE that it's GONE!


BTW... The NEXT reward goal is at -75 lbs:  Teeth Whitening!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 7, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Manatee's Headband said...

Now that is something to be proud of! If you don't mind me asking, what is your goal weight?


I tried picking up a 50 lb. weight the other weekend, and I couldn't do it.

 
At July 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

My goal weight is 165. It's a pretty manageable, maintainable weight for me. When I get there, I may decide to go smaller, but it's my first goal.

Also... I used to carry a 50 lb suitcase when I travelled. I cannot imagine carrying that (or my niece) on my back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home