This Page

has been moved to new address

Shopping Adventures in SLC

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Shopping Adventures in SLC

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shopping Adventures in SLC

After staying up SUPER late last night to do work, I'm all caught up on all things job-related.  So, when I finished up my visits today, I decided to do what EVERY girl does with spare time away from home... SHOP!  I also conveniently have extra space in my suitcase this trip, so the planets must have aligned appropriately for this outing!

And, because I had extra time, I decided to venture out to new shopping locations.  I'd mentioned in previous blogs that I'd hope to one day shop at Loft and White House Black Market.  I knew that there was one not far from my last client visit, so I decided to try it out!


I was a little disappointed by what I found, honestly.  They had a lot of cute short dresses for summer that these legs aren't quite ready for and their pants sizes only went up to a 14.  Hmmpf.  BUT... I found a couple of cute tops and sent them back to the fitting rooms to wait for me to get done looking.

Because I was feeling adventurous, I decided to also take back two pairs of capris that were on sale, both in a size 14.  I mean, I'm wearing a 14W from Lane Bryant... that has to be close right?  Knowing this could be a disaster, I headed back to the dressing room.

Well, there were things that didn't fit.  I had grabbed a few tops optimistically in a large, and well.... they WERE TOO BIG!  Had to go down to a MEDIUM.  And, the capris... well, they half fit.  One pair fit and one pair was a little snug.  I went ahead and bought BOTH!

One thing I do quite a lot is buy the next size down when I shop.  I seem to be growing out of stuff quite quickly, so it's nice to have backups handy.  The thought of being to "shrink into" these is great... super excited to get there.  I've been craving white cargo capris for a while. Hopefully, I'll be able to wear them before it's time to put up the white pants

Interestingly and because sizes are screwy, I'll also mention that I went to the store directly next to Loft - DownEast Basics, and found myself purchasing XL tops and dresses. 

I find it so weird that one store can have you in a medium, while the next has you in an XL.  I guess these clothes are made for teenagers or something, but they looked so adorable I couldn't resist.

Check out this "Heavenly Dress" - - It's so cute on!  And this adorable sheer top...

Sort of an expensive evening, but I think the experience was priceless overall to be able to fit into NORMAL clothes.  Once again, I'm just so thankful that I made the decision to take this JC journey.

Now, time to get to ONEderland and to get into those white capris!  Let's do this, folks!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Laurel Petty said...

OMG, i NEED this dress!!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

LOL... If you go for it, the sizes run SMALL. Just a warning...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home