This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Bethenny's Asian Slaw

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Bethenny's Asian Slaw

Monday, July 4, 2011

New Recipe: Bethenny's Asian Slaw

Sometimes.... I like to read gossip mags.  You know Life and Style, US Weekly, OK Magazine... every once and a while there's a great picture on the front of the mag that catches my eye.  Traveling as much as I do, these things are plastered on the walls of the airport which can make them difficult to resist at times!


This week, it was an article on the Biggest Losers and their swimwear suggestions in OK Magazine.  Since we all know I'm a big fan of the purple team, OF COURSE, I bought it!  I was sitting by the pool this morning enjoying the holiday, and reading this (ahem) literature.  Inside there was the usual pics/articles.  AND, did you know Bethenny Frankel has a column?  






It's called "Ask Bethenny."  I'm a fan of her Skinny Girl line and her healthy recipes, and was super excited to see a recipe for Asian Slaw.  I knew that I had to make it immediately!


Now, the recipe Bethenny posted (as usual) needed some modification to make it more Jenny-friendly. I was shocked that Bethenny's original recipe called for TWELVE tablespoons of olive oil.  I cut that back to 1 Tablespoon, and it was just fine!  I can't imagine what it would have tasted like with all that oil.  






Bethenny Frankel's Asian Slaw (Modified)
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
3 tsp. sesame oil
4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
4 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 bag angel hair-style shredded cabbage
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 cucumber, chopped

Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk.  Combine with veggies in a glass bowl.  Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve!

Delish!


How to count this salad.... I'm counting it as my salad today, including dressing.  I'm not sure what the exact exchanges would be.  Sorry, folks!  What I do know is that it's TASTY and REFRESHING!  Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home