This Page

has been moved to new address

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I woke up this morning and reflected on what I ate yesterday.  Seriously, not the best food day for me.  Yesterday morning, I had seen a VERY small number on the scale for me.  I have a feeling if I weigh today, I will not see that same number.  


Thanks, Ang, for sharing this fun image!
Here's a glimpse of my eating yesterday.  Not the best... I'm so much better when I have a plan!!!


THE GOOD
I started by day with my usual breakfast these days, which is an English Muffin with a Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedge.  Mmmmm.  To kick it up a notch, I sprinkled it with about a teaspoon of Chia Seeds.  I don't know if you guys read Run Eat Repeat, but she's one of my new favorite bloggers.  She featured chia seeds yesterday on her blog, so I decided to try them on my muffin since they've been in my cupboard for months.  DELISH!




Chia seeds are a great source of Omega 3s and fiber and just add a little crunch, no extra flavor.  Try them!


THE BAD
This is where it started to get kind of crazy.  I went to work at Starbucks yesterday.  When I have reporting to do, I often go to Starbucks because I can jam out a lot of work with little interruption.  Oh, and this is where the Salted Caramel Mochas are made so, it makes me love it even more!


The cutest cups EVER help too!
Anywho, I got all caffeinated off an SCM and worked there for hours sucking down FOUR Venti ice waters... and I forgot about eating.  


Now, I don't mean this in the "I'm-a-waif-food-doesn't-interest-me-kind-of-way."  I mean that I was chairdancing listening to my playlist and working hard and sorta forgot about lunch.  Caffeine tends to affect me in this way.  Hmmm.... maybe I should drink more coffee!


As I wrapped up my sales visits for the day, I realized I was FAMISHED.  It was 5pm, and very close to dinner time.... but, I had a date last night so it wasn't like I could go home and have dinner.  SHOOT!


So, I went home and hit my freezer and found this guy.


Jenny Craig Meatball Stuffed Sandwich
Keep in mind, this image is NOT my own.  There was no salad, nor a lovely glass of lemon water.  No plate either.  It was pretty much inhaled, with no scraps left behind.  It's sort of like a Hot Pocket, but I think MUCH better.  It's my go-to fast JC lunch because it only takes 90 seconds in the microwave and plates are optional. 


THE UGLY
So... I casually mentioned above that I had a date last night.  Yes, this is a follow-up date to date #1 that I told you about a few weeks back.  My crazy schedule sometimes gets in the way of my personal life, as evident here but just the same, I was excited to be seeing him again.  


Note:  As I start dating more (which hopefully will happen), I'll probably make little mentions here and there of date-like activity.  Know that while I would LOVE to tell you all about all the details, I may be a little vague just in case I ever decide to tell any of the boys about this site.  Which obviously, when he's the right one he'll have to know about my secret blogging life (or else he'll think I'm just really strangely food obsessed and take pics of everything I eat.)


Ok... so, let's start with the NOT ugly.   How about a peek at my date outfit?




I loved this look and picked it up at the BCBG Outlet at Colorado Mills.  The top was on CLEARANCE for $9, and I paired that with a BARELY visible thick black belt.  It's sort of a Judy Jetson sleeve with tiny shoulder pads and little wings (?)  The shirt fit sort of long so it might be a good pairing with skinny jeans, which always make me feel less than skinny.  Either way, this look was CUTE.


So, I let the guy pick where we were going to dinner and what did he come up with?


MEXICAN

OH, THE HORROR.  We all know I have "issues" with Mexican food and chips

And, to be going there on a practically empty stomach.... I probably ate 15 chips and ordered from their "healthier selections" menu... getting the Spinach Quesadilla.  Now, for the record, I call bullshit on this restaurant.  There is NO WAY that Spinach Quesadilla is on the healthier side.  I would call it "meatless", sure, but NEVER healthy.  I love spinach enchiladas or spinach anything... so I knowingly took the splurge despite the false advertisement.


I also had a glass of wine.  MyFitnessPal said it wasn't the worst day ever, but gosh... Mexican late in the evening was not at all what I had in mind.  


The great news is that I'll be hitting the gym this afternoon to burn those calories off and then some.  I can't wait to get there!


Have a great day, my dears! 

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At February 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

There must have been something in the air, b/c I had a crazy food day yesterday as well.

On a brighter note...you look FAB! Love the date outfit.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM , Blogger TheWindingRoad said...

Love, love, love the date night outfit. I can't wait to hear the details of these most recent events. We must catch up soon! Keep up the good work. You look marvelous!!! xoxo

 
At February 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed how we can throw caution to the wind and let it all go out the window so quickly because behaviors that get us in the mud so easily slip in when you let your guard down. Good for you to go to the gym and make amends with the food you know may not have been as OP as it promised. BCBG is so much fun to shop in.... Especially when the cloths fit! You look fabulous!

 
At February 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Charlene Waymire said...

Look at how skinny you look! You look awesome! Hope you had a great time on your date - quesadilla and all.

 
At February 13, 2012 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I agree with Charlene - you look SUPER thin in that outfit. I'm excited to hear that you had another date.. I hope it went well Kelly! :)

 
At February 13, 2012 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Shut up and look at that WAIST! Can we seriously SERIOUSLY talk about how amazing you're looking these days??? And it's not the "oh she's losing weight and looks better than she did a year ago" amazing, it's better, you just look super hot. I can only imagine how confident you must be feeling these days! I hear you on the dating front, but do continue to throw snippets our way, I know I enjoy them and I sense everyone else does as well :-)

 
At February 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Tim said...

I agree with Erin.

The more gossip the better! haha!

P.S - Being English, you'd think I'd know what an English muffin was! I had to google it! :)

 
At February 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I'm shocked that you guys don't eat English Muffins... LOL. I love them!

 
At February 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Mely said...

I agree with Erin, you know we girls love some gosip :). So post some details the ones that wont get you in future trouble...LOL!

You look super great, love your outfit too. I know how it feels not eating the right food. This weekend I was terrible, we rented a cabin by the mountains and I did terrible. It was my daughters birthday, she turned 13 yrs old. She is officially a teenager. And the whole weekend was food wise terrible, pizza, lots of snack and birthday cake (red velvet her fave) to mention fews. In the other hand there were many walks and tubing (runing up and down the hill). So hopefully I burned some of those calories. It was so worth it my kids and doggie had the best time, their laughted were priceless.
I promised myself that this good I have to do extra good to kind of blaced out.

 
At February 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Buffy said...

Thanks for the Starbucks recommendation. I got one today (hoping for a cute heart cup, but no luck) and OMG - absolutely delicious! I have never ordered with so many "instructions" but they didn't seem phased by it. Only told me they don't have the salt because it's a seasonal item? In any case, it is now my favorite Starbucks beverage! (PS I tend to click around on in the internets & somehow found your blog, but not sure who to give credit to - but happy I found it!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home