This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Meatloaf Muffins

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Meatloaf Muffins

Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Recipe: Meatloaf Muffins

Do you ever forget about recipes you love?  This week with our Jennie-O Turkey Meatloaf talk, I was reminded of one of my favorite recipes from my days of weight loss past.

I picked this recipe up on the Weight Watchers eTools and have made it many times over the years.  It's an easy alternative to meatloaf, and I think that kids would love the muffin-sized meatloafs, too!

This week, I made it with a little flavor variation... and loved all three versions!

Meatloaf Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins

INGREDIENTS


1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 box Stove Top Stuffing
(I think Savory Herbs flavor works best)
2 egg whites
1 cup water
1/2 onion, finely chopped (optional)
ketchup or barbecue sauce (optional)
Cooking Spray

INSTRUCTIONS
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.

As usual, I made just 1/2 the recipe
I tried to use a spoon to combine, but ended up having to go in with my hands
2.  Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.  Divide mixture amongst the muffin pan.
I made slightly smaller muffins, as you can see
3.  Optional:  Top the muffins with a drizzle of ketchup or barbecue sauce prior to baking.  I decided to kick it up a notch... with a few sauces I had in the fridge. 


I used ketchup, of course... but I also had two homemade sauces I love on hand: Neely's Barbecue Sauce and a Mustardy Barbecue Sauce.


4.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Look how good they look coming out of the oven



Of the three flavors, I definitely liked the Neely's version the best - - Yum-O! 
All were REALLY GOOD though!

PER 1 MUFFIN SERVING: CAL: 120; PROTEIN: 10g; FAT: 4g; CARB: 11g

ENJOY!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 2, 2012 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wrote this all down and will be making it. I wonder if they freeze well? I'll let you know, thanks for sharing!

 
At February 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM , Anonymous Kenlie said...

Wow! These look so good! (And I don't even like meatloaf.) I think I'm inspired to try it..

 
At February 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Mrs. Bradley said...

I think I am going to try this and see how the family likes it.

 
At February 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

I cant wait to try these out! Have you tried freezing them?

 
At February 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

My fabulous sister in law freezes them and says they do just fine. I pretty much inhale them, so nothing hits the freezer. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home