This Page

has been moved to new address

Goodbye, Chips and Salsa...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Goodbye, Chips and Salsa...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Goodbye, Chips and Salsa...

I should be blogging tonight about my fabulous vacation reward in the desert or about the delicious enchiladas I made the other night.

HOWEVER, I feel the need to make another confession....

I seriously can't be trusted when I'm sitting in front of a basket of chips and salsa.  Tragically, I decided to order a side of chips and salsa tonight with my salad that ended up to be enormous. 



I've described chips and salsa/queso/guac before as "crack" and mexican restaurants in general as a "crackhouse."   Like an addict, I told myself that I wouldn't eat it all, and I told myself that I just wanted a few bites.  BUT, it tasted so delicious, and I ate way too many chips.  Now I just feel horrible.

My question:  Do I have to just eliminate Mexican food from my diet completely??  When will I be able to be able to sit down at a Mexican restaurant and not be tempted to devour the whole basket of chips and salsa??

For now, I've eaten my last chips and salsa for a long time.  Good news is the most recent batch of chips and salsa was delicious and not an icky stale chip variety.  i also get to go to the gym in the morning now, and not for one of those lackluster, halfass workouts.

Goodbye, chips and salsa.... hello, elliptical machine.  Sigh...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 28, 2011 at 11:37 PM , Blogger KarenSue said...

This may sound a bit 'odd', but my last visit to Escalantes in Houston...and their white queso, I brought celery sticks...so, I was able to enjoy a bit of queso without the empty calories of the tortilla chips. It was quite yummy.

I also LOVE Mexican food..and find that eating a small apple before going, helps me to eat to enjoy and eat smaller portions than going hungry and eating huge portions

 
At April 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Linda said...

If you don't mind flat bread you could cut up a few strips and dip that into your salsa..:) You don't have to cut-out Mexican.. BEANS BEANS AND BEANS :)

 
At April 30, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

So... this is going to sound crazy. BUT... it's really about the chips for me. I can eat salsa with a spoon, if I wanted to... and might have done this before (MAYBE).

I'm not into beans at all, so I just need calorie free/fat free chips, I suppose!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home