This Page

has been moved to new address

FMM: Makeup Favorites

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: FMM: Makeup Favorites

Sunday, January 29, 2012

FMM: Makeup Favorites


Here's how this works.  The fabulous Kenlie blogs at www.alltheweigh.com and posts weekly questions for participating bloggers to answer.  The idea is to connect with other bloggers and share answers to a series of questions. If you've never done FMM, and today's the day to try, be sure to link back up to Kenlie's page to meet the other bloggers participating.  Here's this week's topic!

FMM: Makeup Favorites

1.  Do you wear makeup everyday? 
I wear it every day when I get ready for the day.  If I am just going to the gym, I slick on a little gloss and that's it.  And, the folks at Target have seen me without makeup WAY TOO MANY a few times as well when I'm just running a fast errand. 

2.  Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? 
I definitely kick it up a little bit more if I'm going out for fun than I would on an average work day. 

3.  Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? 
I definitely mix it up.  Lancome for mascara and eyeliner, Bare Escentuals for foundation/shadow/blush/gloss, L'Oreal for lipstick. 

4.  Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind?  
Not consistently.  I have Well Rested from Bare Escentuals that I've used a few times, but sometimes it makes me ghostly white underneath.  I need a good concealer, and with one, I would wear it every day.  Eye primer on the other hand, I love!

5. What’s your favorite brand of foundation? 
I'm a Bare Escentuals girl and wear Medium Beige unless I get ridiculously tan in the summer.  I wouldn't mind taking a GREAT beach vacation that required me to go a little darker this year!!

6.  Do you use blush and/or bronzer?  
Both, and I use Bare Escentuals for both as well.  Touch of Sun or Warmth for Bronzer.  Blush is called Tranquil.  So pretty.

Tranquil blush by Bare Escentuals

7.  Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner?  
I wear an eye primer that I think is critical.  It's by Bare Escentuals and called "Prime Time".  I also use their Snow shadow and Moss shadow daily + Lancome's Liquid Art Liner.

Prime Time Eye Primer by Bare Escentuals

8.  What’s your favorite kind of mascara?  
Lancome's Black Carat Virtuose and Definicils - - I choose whichever I find first in my makeup bag. 
Definicils by Lancome

9.
 Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? 

I actually wear a combination of two colors of lipstick.  The first is a discontinued color of L'Oreal lipstick + Bare Escentuals Creampuff on top.  I also use Bare Escentuals gloss on top, and throughout the day.

10.  Do you wear nail polish regularly?  If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors.  

I'm obsessed with Essie colors lately:  Smokin' Hot is a fave right now, as is Jazz for summer.  I also have a warm spot in my heart for You Don't Know Jacques by OPI.  LOVE.
Smokin Hot by Essie

 11. How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day?  
I plead the 5th. No judgment! 

12.  
Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup?  

Yes, yes.  Have you seen me without?? 

13.  
Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along?  

Eye Primer... Seriously, try it.  It changed the way I feel about eye shadow completely.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At January 30, 2012 at 3:37 AM , Blogger Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake said...

I'm a Bare Escentuals girl too. I would not change my foundation for the world. I love it. I'm totally gonna do this on my blog xx

 
At January 30, 2012 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Mom on a mission said...

I wear makeup everyday. Usually a mixture of brands:)

 
At January 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I was laughing at some of your answers. I think I'm going to have to give BE a shot. Stopping by from FMM

 
At January 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Bella said...

I'm a huge BE girl, too! Loved your responses.
Stopping by from FMM.

 
At January 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Erin said...

HAHAHA honestly, I think I could written 80% of these answers. You and I are verrrry similar. Love it!

 
At January 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

What is this eye primer you speak of?

 
At January 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Emily - I use BE's Prime Time. It really helps keep your eyeshadow where it belongs!

@Erin - Another similarity!

@Nina - Definitely try BE... stop in a store and have them do you up, or you can always buy the starter kit. Great products. I've been hooked for a while now...

@Mom - I shouldn't go without it... but that doesn't mean I don't some times. :)

@Nikki - Isn't it the best?

 
At January 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I've never tried any BE stuff. I'll have to check it out!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Mely said...

I will have to try BE, I love my clinique products since Im allergic to lots of stuff, but recently bought some eye shadow and primer at Mac. I'm a very light make up kind of girl but you will never get me without mascara...even when I go camping :)

I have a question, I love Essie nail polish too but never had seen Smokin Hot. Where do you get it?

 
At January 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 31, 2012 at 11:46 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Mely - I found it at Ulta! Good luck! :)

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I too am a Bare Escenutals girl in Med Beige as well. That make up literally improved my skin ten fold. Still, at age 27, I suffer from acne. But BE has really improved it a lot. I love it and I would never, ever change it for anything. Why do you like the eye primer? Is it because it makes the eye shadow stick well?

 
At February 2, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

It does. Before primer, my shadow would just disappear by midday

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home