This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Lemon-Thyme Spaghetti

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Lemon-Thyme Spaghetti

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Recipe: Lemon-Thyme Spaghetti

It must be in the air.  Maybe it's the fact that it's been in the 50s and 60s in Colorado this week.... but I'm craving summer in a bad, bad way.


Beaches, flip flops, sundresses, tanlines, pool time.... I want it all!


Last night, I made a dish that I didn't expect to taste like summer, but I've since deemed "summer on a plate."  HOLY HANNAH!  This stuff is "over the top" good.


Now, what would make this pasta even better?  Maybe pair it with some chicken cooked on the grill?  Mmmmm... a nice cold glass of pinot grigio.  AND.... eat it all on this patio??  


How about we dine al fresco here... no table?  I'd be willing to hold my plate  if I can spend time in that pool!
Eating outdoors in the summertime is one of my favorite things.  In Colorado, we're fortunate to be able to do it for extended periods and without humidity.  So lovely. 

Have you ever seen the episode of Parenthood where they dine in the backyard?  I'd love to have that backyard and create that dinner party.  Seriously.  That's my dream backyard.

Best show on television.  Hands down.

Ok, without further ado... let me introduce you to my new pasta BFF...

Lemon-Thyme Spaghetti
From Weight Watchers 101 Best Quick and Easy Recipes - Spring 2010
Serves 6 (as a side dish)


INGREDIENTS

6 oz uncooked thin spaghetti
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp (or more) capers
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. grated fresh parmesan cheese

fresh thyme sprigs (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

1.  Cook pasta according to package directions.

I always break my pasta as I put it in the pot.  Just what I do...
2.  While pasta cooks, combine thyme and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.  Note:  I'm obsessed with capers, so I added extra.

How pretty and fragrant is fresh thyme - - LOVE!!
My VERY first zesting experience.  I think I did good!

Squeezing the fresh lemon juice... I think fresh is best in this case (and most cases)

Reminder:  I used extra capers...
3.  Drain pasta, and mix with lemon mixture in a bowl.  Toss well.  Top with parmesan cheese.  Garnish with thyme sprigs.

Pictured is TWO servings, as I made it my dinner
PER 1/2 CUP SERVING: CAL: 128; PROTEIN: 4.3g; FAT: 2.4g; SODIUM: 153mg; CARB: 21.9g

ENJOY!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 31, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Robin said...

This sounds almost exactly like my recipe that I use for Chicken Piccata. The only other thing I add is a little white wine which cooks off but leaves a great flavor mixed with the lemon and capers. Mmmmm

 
At February 1, 2012 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Mmmmm this looks good, I think I'm going to have to make this some day. I will join you on that gorgeous outdoor patio!

 
At February 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

what exactly are capers?

 
At February 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

They are so yummy! Delightful little salty berries that you can put in a lot of different dishes. You can find them near the olives, I think...

 
At February 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Tim said...

I'm printing this off as we speak! Yummy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home