This Page

has been moved to new address

Down Right Random!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Down Right Random!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Down Right Random!

After a very random Wednesday, I only have randomness to offer to you.  I have a recipe I'll share tomorrow, but tonight... random seemed the way to go.


I hope you love it, Baby Illyana!
A SUPER SPECIAL CREATION
One of my bestest of friends is having a baby girl ANY DAY NOW.  I finally got her baby blanket completed and shipped and it actually arrived BEFORE the little lady makes her grand appearance.


If you're a knitter, you'll want to know that I found the pattern on Ravelry, and I thought I'd share the link on how to make it too. It's a super easy pattern and looks VERY complicated and impressive.


I kind of want to make another one... and I just heard of a baby boy on the way!  But, I've also gotten a request for a hat + a Cleveland Browns scarf.  I probably should go in order.


JUST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE TELLING YOU
I've never eaten a strawberry (that I can remember).  When I was little, I loved  Strawberry Shortcake (the doll) and all of her friends, but I can't ever remember eating the fruit.  Since I've been on JC, I've tried the freeze dried strawberries and I definitely like them.  I think I might try the real deal some time soon.  I know it's weird, but I've been picky all my life.... working through this one new thing at a time!

I may wait until summer when the strawberries look so beautiful and delicious, but I think this is the summer I'm going to try it.



SUPPORT WOMEN IN NEED OF BRAS
When you lose weight, you lose weight everywhere.  So, I know I can't be the only one who had to change bra sizes during this process.  What does that leave behind?  Lots of delicates with no where to go.  

My sister-in-law Beth found out that Soma Intimates is collecting new and gently used bras this month to be donated to the National Network to End Domestic Violence.  What a great place to donate!!!

I boxed up mine that don't fit and am mailing them to Soma (address on right), and you can also drop them off at any one of their retail locations nationwide now through February 26th!

If it doesn't fit, you're not going to wear it and/or shouldn't be wearing it.  Donate to a good cause.  I love this one!  Click here for more details on how to participate!

I HEART THE MOUNTAINS
flew home from Boise tonight, and I got to see the most beautiful view of the mountains from the airplane.  Keep in mind, I fly  over these guys almost weekly.  Interestingly, I never get sick of seeing them, or of taking pictures of them.  

I probably have about 40 others that look just like this, but this is the first one I took on my iPhone from about 25K feet and before the flight attendant told me I was allowed to turn on my portable electronic equipment.

Sorry, United... I couldn't resist.

Photobucket

FUN BEFORE AND AFTER SHOT
I get to wear suits to work sometimes... and sometimes when I'm trying to decide which look to go with I take a pic of them.  Yes, I'm a nerd.  BUT, in this case I am glad I did because I have a rare full body progress pic.  


I see some differences.  Do you???


Note:  The pants in February are a size smaller and the jacket is TWO sizes smaller.  I think the thighs are slimming.... and I like to think that it's the elliptical making it happen.



Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At February 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

Agreed!! Looking awesome KG!! :)

 
At February 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I love that baby blanket, awesome airplane pic and the changes are very noticeable! You continue to be such an inspiration kel!

 
At February 9, 2012 at 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you the magic of the elliptical would show as you get closer to your goal! Wahoo to your tiny waist! Next you'll be fashioning those boots zipped up to your knees! Hugs Marion

 
At February 9, 2012 at 8:46 PM , Anonymous shawnie/greendiva said...

Wow, looking REALLY good! Woo hoo! Keep it up, sister! Love the colors in the bb blanket. Nice work!

 
At February 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Kelly. I've gotta be honest with you. I don't see "some" difference - I SEE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!

Hot damn you are totally working it - your progress in the last 5 months is really truly outstanding and inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home