This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting All the Hearts Together for Next Week

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Getting All the Hearts Together for Next Week

Monday, February 6, 2012

Getting All the Hearts Together for Next Week

It's only about a week until Valentine's Day, and I can't believe I'm actually doing things to celebrate it... let alone blogging about it!  So weird!


Let me start with my favorite thing about Valentine's Day.


Let me guess... she's your favorite too?
My beautiful niece was born on Valentine's Day NINE years ago this year.  Unbelievable!  I was talking to a friend of mine last night saying that I couldn't believe that tiny baby was going to be nine this year!  I just love her to pieces!


Oh, the pictures I have to embarrass her with when she's older... 
She's getting so grown up... and clearly has a (ahem) gift for accessorizing that must be inherited from her dear Auntie Kelly.


Regardless, I need a gift for the nine-year-old to be.  She's traveling to Disney World in a few weeks, so I'll likely give her money to spend on all that she wants at the Magic Kingdom + a few accessories I picked up for her today while out and about.  Little heart jewelry for my little Valentine girl.


FUN FACT.. Her brother was born on the 4th of July. These kiddos are special, I tell ya!


VALENTINE'S OF YEARS PAST
I honestly haven't had a valentine in YEARS.  There's only one year on the books that I'd count myself to have had a legit Valentine.  Lots of love in my life, don't get me wrong.  Just no Valentines.




How about I tried asking this little Guy last year if he'd be my Valentine and he said "No, I'm my mom's Valentine." Interestingly, Kindergarten has made him quite the ladies' man... so I won't even ask this year for fear of a 2nd rejection.  He's got a bunch of 5 year old ladies lined up, not to mention his cougar tween "girlfriend" from the pool!


MY VALENTINE THIS YEAR
This year, I'm participating in a Valentine's Gift Exchange!  You may have seen it on Kenzie's blog, All the Weigh... but she and another blogger are hosting a swap amongst bloggers in the true tradition that everyone should have a Valentine.  LOVE IT.




I got the name of my swap partner on Friday + some of her favorite things.  I bought their gift today, and I'm kind of excited about it!  I hope she loves it!  When I get my gift in the mail, I'll post pics of what I sent Janna and what I received as well.  TOO FUN!


PUTTING A FEW HEARTS IN THE MAIL
When I first moved to Colorado 5 years ago, I lived in LOVELAND, Colorado.  A cute little town North of Denver with an amazing view of the Rockies, they do a lot of fun things to celebrate Valentine's Day.  


Example:  They have hearts like this all over the city year-round.
They even decorate the town with custom conversation hearts.  (i.e. Bob loves Jenna and JW + RL = 4-Ever)





They also do a cool re-mailing program that I've participated in for years now.  You basically send your stamped Valentines to the Loveland post office and they hand-stamp them with a special "With Love from Loveland" message and mail them with a Loveland, Colorado postmark.  

I finally got my cards done tonight - - FINALLY!
Now, I'm probably too late in telling you about the Loveland program for you to get your cards stamped this year, but keep them in mind for next year.  Cards have to be received by the 7th to be guaranteed for delivery by the 14th.  You can find all the rules of the program here for future reference.  My family has really grown to love them, so it's become a tradition.


Loveland volunteers stamp the Valentines as they arrive
I'm also thinking about baking my dear Grandpa some cookies when I get back in town later in the week and sending them his way.  He loves sweets, especially peanut butter... and I just love him to pieces.  Maybe he'll be my Valentine if I bake him some cookies.... hmmmmm


What are your Valentine's Plans?  Any fun traditions to share?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 6, 2012 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Taryn said...

I unfortunately work day shift and Chris works night shift so...looks like ill be celebrating vday all by myself

 
At February 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Really cute post.

I don't have any plans, I actually forgot it was sneaking up. I call it "single awareness day"...ahhhh the joys. Since it falls on a Tuesday this year, I will likely have a nice healthy dinner and then enjoy an evening working out while watching the biggest loser.

 
At February 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly I am tres impressed that you ate able to send V day cards! Then you kick it up by sending them from Loveland?!? You're makin my one card for my husband that I barely manage to get every year seem so small but we give to everyone throughout the year so we spread the love around! Have a good V day Kelly, hugs Marion

 
At February 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

I especially love the story about Loveland..... We have loveille, md and their post office does the same! In fact, we'll be marrying out wedding invites from there :). Happy Vday :)

 
At February 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Tim said...

Loveland! Amazing! I love this post :)

I am watching English football on Valentine's Day. I have no plans and no one to spend it with, so I have a date with the television! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home