This Page

has been moved to new address

This Weekend's Weigh-In with Jenny

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: This Weekend's Weigh-In with Jenny

Monday, December 5, 2011

This Weekend's Weigh-In with Jenny

I can't believe that I completely forgot to share news of my weigh-in on Friday.


It was my first weigh-in with Jenny in a long time.  Don't get me wrong, I've been hopping on and off my scale for weeks, but this is the first official weigh-in I'd had in a month.


You're going to be surprised to hear this.... but I weighed in, and my weight loss was:


+/- 0.0 lbs and I was THRILLED

The shocking part is not my weight loss, but my satisfaction with it!  Considering all the sausage balls, white pizza, and biscuits and gravy I ate in Ohio, I really expected a gain.  To completely maintain was a WIN!  To me, it's a lesson about the holidays.  Recovery is possible.


Now, this doesn't mean that I'll go into Christmas planning to eat everything in sight.  I'll definitely need some strategies in place to make me successful (i.e. plans for snacks, choosing good foods when we eat out, lots of salad, etc.)  Just the same, I feel great knowing that one weekend doesn't define me.

I also had a pretty big decision to make about my weight loss next steps.  I celebrated my year with Jenny a few weeks ago, and it was time to decide.  To continue or not to continue on the program...

While I buy food from Jenny, I don't really do consultations and I don't use their Body Media tool.  I rarely use their online tools.  I honestly thought about quitting the program and finishing up the last 20 lbs on my own.  I've been eating more and more food on my own and have even started adding in some Lean Cuisines. 


I'll be honest with you guys... if Jenny still had the Cinnamon Rolls on their menus, I wouldn't have even hesitated for a moment.  I weighed the pros and cons... I even thought about switching over to Weight Watchers for the last 20.  

In the end, I made the decision to renew my Jenny Craig membership.  Overall, I really want to take this program to the end, and Jenny's been good to me and good for me.  

Move over Mariah, there will be a new spokesperson soon...
I've really kicked up my commitment to fitness, which I think is going to make a big difference.  My commitment to 3 workouts (at least) each week will contribute greatly.  I'll also plan to eat about 50% JC and 50% real world eating for the next few months.

I'm signed up for the next year, and goal is in sight.  Hoping for a loss this week!!!  Stay tuned!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At December 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Katelyn said...

You are doing so awesome, I'm so proud of you! You're totally one of my biggest motivators!

I do Jenny Craig but not like a lot of people are doing it. I do about 50/50 my meals and JC and I Use Sparkpeople.com to track my calories. It's JUST like doing weight watchers without the points. You log what you ate (And I put my Jenny Craig food in there, a lot of people do!) and then I put in my water, fruits and veg. And it makes me accountable to myself and also to the website. Then there's a nutritional breakdown at the end of the day when you track and it'll tell you where you met your goals (i.e. stayed on track for calorie level), went over your goals (ate too much sodium) or went under your goals (needed more fiber). And to me it's the BEST! I love it!!

Check it out! And earning sparkpoints is fun LOL. even thought it counts for nothing, I like it! http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/register.asp?from=friend&ReferredBy=7584002

 
At December 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are right a 0 is great for getting through Thanksgiving.... And now Christmas...

 
At December 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Anonymous Hilary @ The Big Weight said...

Oh yay!! You've done such a fantastic job already - you can totally finish it off in 2012! Even though I love me some dub-dub (WW), the fact that you do JC is what made me love your blog so much in the beginning. You provide a different perspective than I'm used to, and I think that's what makes you and your journey that much more interesting and enjoyable as a reader. Go you Kelly!

 
At December 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, I did JC for one year and made it to goal on JC. In the last month towards goal, I increasingly switched over to foods that were non-JC (e.g. Lean Cusine, breakfast on my own). Once I hit goal and found that JC wasn't as effective for making the transition to maintenance and regular food consumption, I did join WW and managed to lose another 18.8 pounds so I'm below my original goal but I'm finding it such an effective way for managing maintenance while holding me accountable for tracking and exercise. I think the biggest thing is that you have to do what is right for you and it sounds like you've made a wise decision based on sound reasoning. All the best wishes go out to you for making it to goal and I can't wait to read that blog! Hugs, Marion

 
At December 5, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Marion... I'm probably oly 50% JC today because of all of my travel. What really helpsme is tracking everything I eat in MyFitnessPal. And tracking my exercise there too... I really think that's my true "program". Staying under 1200 calories... Thanks for the ongoing motivation and stopping in. Love hearing from you!!!

@Hilary... I do modify it a bit! Just have to make it work for me, or I'll totally quit... :)

@Deanna.... The first time I've ever been happy about a maintain!!

@Kate... awww, I love to hear that my blog has been helpful to you! Is that worth me tagging along in Italy??? Jk... I use MyFitnessPal and I have a feeling they're quite similar. I log every bite that goes into my mouth, or at least try to. I think that's been VERY eye opening and helpful. I also love that when you add exercise it tells you you can eat more (although I try not to).

 
At December 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous Mel said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while. My JCC quit the day before Thanksgiving and I totally lost motivation. I was in the same boat as you, with just 5lbs from goal I trying to decide if I should do something new like WW. Finally went back to JC today, recommitting to the program to the end of the year, but feeling reallllly nervous about maintenance. I need to start adding in more regular food to boost my confidence even though they keep trying to steer me away from that until I've hit my goal. You have such great recipes, I will be combing your website for ideas. Thanks so much for being a motivator from afar!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home