This Page

has been moved to new address

The Craziest Travel Day of the Year

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: The Craziest Travel Day of the Year

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Craziest Travel Day of the Year

I'm traveling tomorrow.  I imagine that DIA will look something like this.  Sigh...


I'm planning to wear white.  Can you see me?  
I originally booked myself on a night flight into Akron/Canton, but I'm going to try to stand by on the earlier flight tomorrow at 2pm.  If I'm traveling halfway across the country, the least I could do was arrive early enough to smooch on these two precious angels!!


H2 & H1
Fingers crossed, I'll get on the earlier flight.  Otherwise, I'm landing in my homeland at midnight.  Yawn.


This crazy travel day is for the crazies, not for the seasoned traveler.  This seasoned traveler has reservations for parking, will be there early, and will have lunch/snacks in my bag to avoid the crowded gift shops and restaurants.  I'll also be watching the show... there's always a show on the day before Thanksgiving.


If you're traveling tomorrow and you want just one tip, ARRIVE AT THE AIRPORT EARLY.  It's going to be a madhouse.  If you're late, you'll be stressed.  If you're late and rushed, you might be frowning all day.  And, if you're frowning a lot, you might be one of those (literally) pushy people that no one likes in the airport.  Getting there early will make all the difference.  I promise.






Now, I know what you're thinking... you noticed I casually mentioned Akron/Canton, but you're thinking why in the heck am I going there??  Well, my amazing grandfather, aunts, uncles, and cousins all live in Ohio and we're heading there for the family Thanksgiving-fest!  It's probably been 20 years since I've been home for a family Thanksgiving and I'm well overdue.  (And, the fact that it's been that long makes me feel REALLY old.)




I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone, and my bro, sis-in-law, and the kiddos are making the trek from Virginia as well. 


Wherever you are spending Thanksgiving, may it be with those you love.  Travel safe, and take your time.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 23, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Anonymous Andie said...

Happy travels - may you get on the standby flight!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks, Andie! I got it! :)

 
At November 23, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

This is really great advice bc that is why people get stressed - they don't allow themselves enough time! I hope your flight is speedy and safe!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy TG! Hope it is wonderful. Marion

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home