This Page

has been moved to new address

Thanksgiving Eve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Thanksgiving Eve

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

I didn't mention it in yesterday's post, but I have major food anxiety.  I skipped Thanksgiving last year.  I ate a Jenny Craig meal and completely avoided temptation.  


This year, I'm going to be right in the middle of it all!  And, I've been thinking about it all week long.


We call this baby GBC.  Likely my all-time fave.
This much comfort food all together in the same place honestly scares me.  I haven't been around this much food all at once in a LONG time.  One thing that will work to my advantage is that I'm not used to dining at my aunt's house.  Maybe her specialties are not the ones that I'm craving used to.  That would honestly help.  

I worry if I'm not careful, I'll end up doing the backfloat in these yummy fluffy spuds.
For example:  I'd love to see a big vat of sweet potatoes and maybe a squash casserole.  And maybe she puts oysters or sausage in the stuffing!  My grandma used to surprise us with grapes in there.  That would help me too.  Keep in mind, I know people LOOOOVE these types of things, but for picky girl (me), it would increase my ability to resist significantly, as would a pumpkin pie only dessert option.  Fingers are crossed!!!   




My grandma used to make magic dinner rolls though, and I know my aunt knows how to make them.  They could be there... I'll have to be on guard for those.  They were these fantastical cinnamon sugar rolls.  My mouth is watering just thinking about them.


Another dangerous dish - Although, my fave is the stuffing Beth and I make...
I've considered eating something about an hour before dinner.  Maybe a salad or something light.  That way, I'm not showing up hungry.  That could definitely be a winning strategy.  


I've definitely considered drinking A LOT of water before and during.  This I plan to do with no problem executing it.  This one will be key to my success.


After that, my plan is to do 1/2 a plate of veggies, 1/4 white meat turkey, and 1/4 starches.  No seconds, but slow enjoyable bites of what I get to eat.  It should look something like this.




I can do this.


And.... Let's say things don't go 100% to plan.  I have my gym clothes packed and ready to go.  I can hit the workout room at the hotel to burn some calories, and when I get back to Denver on Saturday, I know my friends at the YMCA will be waiting for me too.  


One meal does not ruin me.  Thanksgiving does not own me, nor do those tasty mashed potatoes and that yummy, yummy gravy.  Based upon my game plan for Thursday's feast, the score has been set:


Kelly: 1, Thanksgiving: 0


Let's do this!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 25, 2011 at 6:43 AM , Anonymous nancyk said...

Kelly - I hope your thanksgiving went well. I ended up eating about 1800 calories - not bad considering! But everthing tasted so salty - I guess I got used to a low sodium food plan and could not believe how things tasted. Now to dring tons and tons of water!!!

 
At November 25, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 25, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I'm not sure how much I ended up eating, That's always the worst. I'm just glad it's almost over so that I can get back on track! Having an awesome time with family, but it will be nice to get back home and back to normal. Glad you did so well!!

 
At November 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, I wish I could have posted this yesterday but things were hairy this week...TG's over by now and focus on the get back on track and don't worry about what you might have eaten or shouldn't have eaten. Just put it in the past and move forward. All the best Marion

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home