This Page

has been moved to new address

Idaho: A Week in Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Idaho: A Week in Review

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Idaho: A Week in Review

My first work trip in about EIGHT weeks, I survived it!  Just the same.... It's so nice to be home!


After a busy week in Idaho, I flew home today and saw this.  I kind of expect there to be a welcome sign set up for me over DIA... maybe mowed into the fields near the airport.  Never do I hope nor imagine that it will look like this.


Brrrrr.... I'm freezing just looking at this!
As I blog from my couch and in front of the fire and under a blanket, I can't say that I'm really that cold.  And, mostly, I'm just proud of myself... which makes you warm even in the coldest moments!


You wanna know why??  I've had one of the healthiest weeks I've had in a long time!  


To start with.... this week, I've been SUPER impressed with my eating and there's even been some moving.  I've been completely on track this week.  No stepping outside of the boundaries, no extra snacks and way under my calorie limit (because of exercise).  


A NEW SANDWICH
I've always loved Great Harvest Bread Company.  I usually go there for cookies for my clients, and always used to get that free slice of bread they offer you when you buy something.  

There's one in Idaho Falls, and it was between GH Bread and Subway.  Well, since GH Bread makes sandwiches, too... I decided to try one - - DELISH!


I ordered a 1/2 Build Your Own sandwich on 9 Grain Bread with lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, sprouts, onions, salt, pepper, and oregano.  SOOOOO good!  The bread is perfectly nutty and grainy - - My fave!  Also, 1 slice of this bread comes in at 130 calories and 0.5 grams of fat.  A nice departure from my usual Subway, and the bread is AWESOME.  And, it goes without saying (but I'll say it because I can), I totally skipped the bread sample!

Dinners were also on track, as were all the other lunches.  Dinners were salads with grilled chicken and low fat dressing.  Other lunches were made by the sandwich artists at Subway and the salad geniuses at Cafe Rio.  All on track!

Here's one of my dinners...

JC Swedish Meatballs... Not my fave, but I ate it - - Look at that delish bottle of water!
Now you might notice that there's a telltale M on that water bottle above... well, that's because there's nothing better with Swedish Meatballs than two side salads with a packet of Low Fat Italian Dressing from Mickey D's.  Seriously good.  


A CRAZY-GOOD SNACK
I went to TJ Maxx when I was in Twin Falls to get my Christmas shopping moving along.  I do a bit of my shopping on the road, because it's just necessary.  Unfortunately, I didn't find what I was looking for at TJ's, but I did find a sweater for myself (of course).  When I was checking out, I realized that I was famished.  My stomach was SCREAMING.  There's all sorts of snacks at the checkout now at TJ Maxx.  And, I just happened to look to see if they had anything healthy.  Ohhhhh, they did! 




Hello, Sensible Foods!  I found a bag of their Cherry Berry Crunch Dried Snacks at the checkout and snatched it up immediately!  Freeze dried apples, cherries, blueberries, and strawberries??  Um, yes please!

The packaging said that it had ONLY 84 Calories.  The perfect snack!  It also was the perfect pre-dinner snack and gave me just enough so that I could workout before dinner - - SUCCESS!

Since then, I've used their website to find out where else to buy them - - because I need to have MORE.  I found some in Boise, and tried the sweet corn flavor, too.  It's delish at 70 calories!


SHOULD WE TALK ABOUT WORKING OUT???
Doesn't it look vicious?
Um, I think we should!  I've posted before that I take gym clothes on trips, but I never wear them.  How about this week I wore them, and even had to re-wear a pair (gross, I know... but I worked out!!!)

Monday night after my flight and before dinner, I jumped on the treadmill and the elliptical.

Tuesday once I got to Twin Falls, I hit the gym AGAIN pre-dinner... sweating it out on the elliptical and stationary bike.

Last night, I did it again! Some time on the stationary bike + that mean elliptical to the right.  It was a Life Fitness, and I'm telling you... it killed!

THREE DAYS IN A ROW, and on the road... I honestly loved it.  I'm a little disappointed I can't go to the gym tonight, but it's WAY too cold.

LASTLY... I have an appointment tomorrow morning.  Just me and the scale.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Wish me luck!!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 2, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Pumped to see what the scale turns out for you, good luck!

 
At December 2, 2011 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Carbie Girl said...

wooHoo!! Good luck indeed to you. You know, i've never had sprouts in a sandwich until a few weeks ago... omg sooooooo good <3

 
At December 2, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Kelly! You can really feel the momentous energy in your blog! I hope the WI is everything and then some. Best of wishes Marion

 
At December 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Ladies! Now, there's a chance that I simply reversed the damage done over Thanksgiving weekend. If that's the case, I'm ok with that too. It's been a month of eating partially on program, afterall. To be back on plan feels GREAT, regardless of what the scale has to say!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home