This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Veggie Appetizer Pizza

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Veggie Appetizer Pizza

Monday, November 28, 2011

New Recipe: Veggie Appetizer Pizza

When my brother called to tell my aunt that there was an additional 5 people that would be coming to Thanksgiving dinner, he asked what we could bring.  My aunt told him not to worry about bringing anything, that she was just happy to have us.  Keep in mind, she was hosting more than 15 people for dinner on Thursday!!


That being said, Beth and I decided that we just had to come up with something to bring.  Because there's not much you can make at the Holiday Inn, we swung by my grandfather's house early to whip up some appetizers.



Beth chose to make Sausage Balls, which is always a crowd favorite.  My choice was an attempt to bring something healthy and impressive - - My favorite Veggie Appetizer Pizza!




Because we were strapped for time, I bought one of those veggie bags that has cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots in it.  Beth spotted it in the store - - Brilliant!  I also bought some scallions and a tomato to add a little more color.





Veggie Appetizer Pizza
Makes 24 pieces


INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream 
2 cans Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
1 packet dressing mix - Ranch or Italian

For the Toppings
Use a combination of any or all of the following:
Cauliflower
Carrots
Yellow Pepper
Scallion
Cucumber
Tomato
Broccoli

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Unroll both cans of dough; separate dough into 4 long rectangles and connect them into a sheet. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place dough; press in bottom and up sides to form crust.

Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, and dressing mix until smooth.  Spread over crust. Top with chopped vegetables.

Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving. Cut into 3 columns and 4 rows.  Cut each square on the diagonal to create pizza-like wedges.

ENJOY!!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At November 28, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Erin said...

That looks super delicious!!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Amy Benitez said...

That looks so yummy! I'm going to the grocery store today to buy the ingredients. I might make it half size though. I foresee eating the whole thing alone. :P

 
At November 29, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I hope you ladies love it as much as I do! So good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home