This Page

has been moved to new address

Just Read: Silver Girl

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Just Read: Silver Girl

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just Read: Silver Girl

Oh, my lovely readers, I've just finished another book that I adored.



The book chronicles the new life of Meredith Delinn, wife of a conniving businessman who stole billions of dollars from his business investors via a ponzi scheme.  Meredith is left with nothing.  Her husband is in jail and she's not allowed to contact her family, per the feds.  We follow her new life as she navigates through her feelings for her husband, detaches from her life of luxury, and figures out what really matters.  She goes from a position of being the most hated woman on Nantucket Island to being a woman who's ready to tackle the next chapter of her life.

I LOVE LOVED this book and was literally disappointed when I got to the last page.  Wait!  Not because I didn't like it, but because it was over!  Before I read this, I knew NOTHING about ponzi schemes, except that it was a terrible thing I saw in the news a while back.  The book isn't really about finances, of course.  It's more about relationships between friends, family, and significant others.

You may remember my previous mention of The Island (also by Hilderbrand) which I enjoyed completely.  I think what I love is the author's ability to create a character.  I found myself so attached to both Meredith and her high school best friend Connie after just a few pages.  I quickly became so invested in knowing how their story ended and wanting to hear that they figured it all out.  I love it when a book can do that!

Definitely (highly) recommend this one. 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM , Anonymous Katie C. said...

Very excited to read this one. I so loved The Island, and I'm quite eager to read more of this author's work!

 
At December 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Kelly - do you use Goodreads.com? It's a website where you can track books you've read... like a virtual book shelf... and books you want to read. Also, it's like FB - you can friend ppl on there, etc.. check it out! And let me know if you do so we can be friends :)

 
At December 6, 2011 at 7:44 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Katie- She tweeted recently that Blue Bistro was her favorite of her books. That's my next one for sure.... Will keep you posted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home