This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Yesterday was a COMPLETELY productive day.  I took advantage of the snow outside to get some very important things accomplished inside.  I'll keep the super-exciting drawer organizing and laundry stories to myself, and share a few of the holiday highlights!


I'm pleased to say that I got my Christmas Cards done.  Yeah, it's only the 4th of December, and they're addressed, stamped, and ready to go!  I'll probably wait a few days to get them in the mail.   




Yes, I send a lot of cards.  I'm one of those people that loves pretty paper and pretty cards.  So glad to be done with my personal cards.  I still have my work-related holiday cards to complete.  Those take more time, and there's just as many... Sigh.


I also wrapped presents today!  Everything that I have at the house that's purchased has been wrapped and boxed!  I only have the boys left to buy for:  My brother (I know what to get him), My Step-Dad (No Clue - Desperate for ideas!), and My Grandpa (Super-Easy, just need to pick it up.)


The Virginia Box -- Biggest of the Three!
I love big bows on presents.  However, after MANY years of shipping them with bows, I decided to go bow-less this year.  They just get smashed in transit.  Maybe I'll take some ribbon with me and do them up when I get to Virginia.  Or, better yet, I'll pack the ribbon in the box!  I also used just one kind of paper this year.... I swear, it's like someone else did my wrapping. Bizarre!


My tree by night
I'm tired just thinking of all I did yesterday, but here's a little more: I finished the night by playing with my camera and taking a few more pictures of my tree.  I found a site on Pinterest that gives ideas on how to take great pictures of your Christmas tree.  I couldn't get the really blurry ones to work because I don't have the right lens... but I thought these were interesting.  If you like taking pics, check out this tutorial - - it's awesome! 




Adjusting the settings slightly and I got this!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 4, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Carbie Girl said...

awww I should have read this before I posted my tree pics lol I have yet to get my christmas cards sent off and as fast as the days are rolling by I should start soon!

 
At December 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@carbie.". Your tree is AWESOME!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home