This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Saturday, December 3, 2011

New Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

I woke up to a winter wonderland this morning.  One thing that I think is awesome about snow is that it silently comes in the night.  You can hear rain falling, but snow... it sneaks up on you and covers the ground quite beautifully.


Knowing there was a possibility of snow today, I did a BUNCH of my Christmas shopping last night.  I plan to wrap and pack them up today!  Because all my family is spread across the country, I have to ship everything.  Shipping early is important to avoid lines and headaches, so I always try to do that.


I also finished up my Christmas tree last night.  I've been looking ALL OVER town for a tree skirt to go with my funky tree.  I settled on one from Target.  I think it will work for this year, but I'm going to try to come up with something more clever for next year...


I'm going to play with some night pics tonight!
While I did some Christmas shopping last night, I didn't make it to the grocery store or plan well for breakfast today.  I don't really like many breakfast foods, and I'm determined to find some variety for my morning meals.  Today, I decided to a new recipe from SkinnyTaste for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!  


Thanks, Gina, for another great recipe!  
PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
Adapted from SkinnyTaste
Serves 2


1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder 
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup skim milk
3 Tbsp. Egg Beaters
1 tsp vanilla
Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray
Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar-Free Syrup



Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk, egg beaters and canned pumpkin in a bowl and mix until smooth. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don't over-mix.


Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray oil to lightly coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. 



Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Serving size is 2 pancakes.  Spray with I Can't Believe it's Not Butter and top with sugar-free syrup.




Suggestion:  Don't pair it with a Morning Star Farms Sausage patty.  GROSS.



ENJOY!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At December 3, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful Kelly, you should consider buying some faux fur fabric to make as your tree skirt or even wrapping a faux fur scarf...I'm thinking white to be like snow. I admire your attitude towards winter. I'm dreading the cold that blankets Canada and we've been so luck with the weather thus far. One of my fav breakies is Aunt Jemima whole wheat waffles (2) with 1 egg poached, fresh fruit (usually strawberries), sugar free raspberry jam and yogurt and a lovely strong cup of starbucks to wash it all down! Marion

 
At December 3, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree is pretty and funky. I went with traditional red because it is one of my favorite colors. I posted a pic earlier this week, but have added more stuff so will do an update. Yay for snow! Other than the heating bill and scraping the stupid car windshield, I love winter!

I am pumpkin crazy and tried most of skinny taste recipes during that season! Mmmm

 
At December 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Marion - - Faux Fur is a great idea! I'm probably going to just keep the sequins for this year, but I like what you're saying!

@April - - I just checked out your tree. Super-cute!!!! The sun actually came out for a little while today, so I wasn't completely stuck in the house all day. I did get all my wrapping done and my Xmas cards! Can you believe that?? :)

 
At December 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Anonymous Amy Benitez said...

I LOVE YOUR TREE. Also, that pumpkin pancake recipe looks amazing. I'm going to write it down and make it for my family when I'm home for Christmas. They're in love with all things pumpkin AND breakfast food. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

 
At December 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Carbie Girl said...

ahhh i totally saw those skirts yesterday at target.. i fell in love with the colors but already decided I needed a plain white skirt for my tree. Yours looks so pretty.. vibrant and colorful. Love it!

 
At December 3, 2011 at 9:58 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Amy - - Check out the original recipe at skinnytaste.com. I had to make a few substitutions based upon what I had in the fridge. I bet the original is even better!

@Carbie - - Thanks, lady! I'm hoping to find something crafty on Pinterest that I can use next year. We'll see!

 
At December 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Those pancakes really are bangin! I love your tree - so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home