This Page

has been moved to new address

A Surprisingly Good Burger

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: A Surprisingly Good Burger

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Surprisingly Good Burger

As soon as I got back to Colorado, I hit SuperTarget to get some veggies and whatnot.  


Keep in mind, I didn't buy this... but since when did they sell Red Velvet Chocolate Milk???




As you can tell, I was still craving bad food from my weekend in Ohio.  And, I kinda wanted a burger.  I knew that I couldn't continue eating like this... so, I thought I'd try something new.


BOCA BURGER!


I recognize that I'm probably the last person in America to try the Boca Burger, but I reaaaaalllly like them.  I was in Target a few weeks ago and tried a sample of the burger and was pleasantly surprised!  The sampling lady suggested that I try the Flame-Grilled version for best flavor, and that's exactly what I picked up!


I defrosted the burger in the microwave and then cooked it on my grill pan.  I'd love to try it on the grill, but it's chilly out tonight so that will have to wait for another night!


I also toasted a Wonder Bread 80 Calorie Whole Wheat Bun on the grill pan.  When the burger was done, I added some ketchup and onions.  SO DELISH!




I paired this delicious dinner with a really yummy garden salad.  Have you tried Marzetti's Light Balsalmic salad dressing?  It's 50 calories for 2 Tbsp and is found in the refrigerated dressing section.  TRY IT!




I ate this burger on Saturday and Sunday nights and could seriously eat it again tonight if I wasn't on the road.  200 calories for the burger and bun.  Such a tasty dinner!  I definitely recommend it!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Boca burgers. I just heat the flame ones in the microwave and they work out great. I keep packages of Sandwich Thins in the freezer. They freeze then defrost and toast nicely for burgers. Mmmm I'll have to get some next time I go to the store!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 7:02 PM , Anonymous mel b said...

boca burgers make me want to cry.. not in a good way.
Boca Burgers + diet + desperation for something quick + a week of daily boca burgers = full body cringe at the mention of "bo..."

I will say though, your happy discovery made me want to try them again... for a second... then it went away.

But I am looking for new dressing! I'll check out that one! :)

 
At November 29, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

First - red velvet milk?! Lord! I def missed that on my last trip to tar-jay. But seriously, you have me wanting a boca like none other - I used to live off those in college...... So good and satisfies a burger craving perfectly - going on the grocery list now!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Anonymous Kim kazee said...

Have you tried the spicy black bean burger? I crave those. Like you, I can eat them multiple days in a row. I second the sandwich thins. mark is diabetic and he can have those both top and bottom for his carb portion and low in calories.

 
At November 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@April... I wish I could get into sandwich thins. Just not my thing. Mi sorta need the fluffy bun. :)

@Mel - Try the dressing. It's amazing. I'm not a huge balsamic vinaigrette fan, bt I'm obsessed with this one!

@Hilary - they had a whole bunch of milks. Chocolate Mint??? I'm nuts about red velvet, so of course that's my pic.

@Kim - I'm weird about beans. If there's beans in what I'm eating, don't tell me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home