This Page

has been moved to new address

My First Friend-Makin' Monday: I am....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: My First Friend-Makin' Monday: I am....

Monday, December 5, 2011

My First Friend-Makin' Monday: I am....

In honor of a new connection I made last week through this series (Yes, Amy... I'm talking about you!), I bring you...


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here, so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: I am…

1. I am good at… bringing people together, making cake balls, capturing the moment in a picture, texting (or BBM'ing, rather), procrastination, SLEEPING, and speaking in a British accent.


(Source)


2. I am happy when… It's the weekend and there's no snow.  Seriously, the more-than-normal snowfall in Denver this season is about to have me packing!


3. I am working on… creating the best me ever!  I'm also starting to think about what I want my new year's resolutions to be.  I don't usually make them, but this year I plan to!

4. I am interested in understanding my previous weight gain.  While every day, I'm working on losing it, I'm trying to understand the WHY behind the gain in an effort to prevent it from ever happening again.  Simple things like why Pirate's Booty can't last in my cupboard more than a few days really boggle my mind.

5. I am always… overpacking.  Traveling as much as I do, there's just certain things I need to make it feel home-like and the 5 chargers I need to function take up space, too!  I always go into it thinking that I'll pack less, but I never ever do...

6. I am enjoying… photography more than I ever thought possible.  I love taking pictures, reviewing what I've captured, and sharing them.  My dad is sending me some lenses he doesn't use and I can't wait to play with them a bit!  I'd love to take another class and learn more!

7. I am in… my hotel room in Salt Lake City wishing this bed had a heated mattress pad. 


8. I am reading… The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks.  After saving it for over a month, it's time to read it.  I love me some Nick Sparks!!!


9. I am concerned about… my dentist appointment next week.  I think I need a root canal (which means I'll need extra-extra nitrous please.)

10. I am looking forward to… seeing my friend Natalie next week (Hi Nat - This may be your first shout-out!) and heading to Virginia later in the month for the holidays.

Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to go back and share a link to your blog in the comments here! Happy Monday, my friends!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At December 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Ahhh I am the queen of traveling light. It took me years to finally ge the hang of it. Hope you do, too!

 
At December 5, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Bella said...

I am a famous over-packer, too. I like having options!!

Glad you to have found you through FMM.

 
At December 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Anonymous Amy Benitez said...

Hey! I'm in your blog post! ;) I totally missed this yesterday.

About #4- Understanding why I gained weight has been really hard for me, too. I understand exactly what you mean. I used to say "I just LOVE food." But I love margaritas and I'm not an alcoholic. It's a hard thing to dig into. I don't have any real answers yet-- but I totally understand where you're coming from!

Also, I'm going to VA too for the holidays!! Where are you headed? Thanks again for the shout out!

 
At December 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel left out because I do not have a blog...my professional life precludes me from having a blog so I live vigariously through those who do, such as yourself. So I do not take up too much of your blog comment space Kelly...we share a similar passion for photography...B/W is my favourite! Cheers, Marion

 
At December 6, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@kim... I wear all I bring. Just enjoy some options and luxury.

@Bella... Agreed!

@Amy... I think that "I used to like to eat" will pacify most people we run into. I've used it too. But I'm ready to dig deeper in 2012. Watch out NTTC may get deep! Heading to Richmond for Xmas where my brother lives. :)

@Marion... You stop by anytime, you hear! I need to play with b/w a little bit....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home