This Page

has been moved to new address

Yoga News + Two New Indulgences

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Yoga News + Two New Indulgences

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Yoga News + Two New Indulgences

When I come home from yoga, I seriously feel so energized.  It's Rejuvenation Yoga on Sunday nights and is supposed to get you all chilled out for the week to come.  It gets me relaxed.... and then I get energized!!  Not overly where I won't sleep, but interesting just the same.


Tonight was a big night for me and yoga....




Yep, that's my new mat!  All mine!!  It's a little exciting to have my first mat.  The last time I was in class, I was  putting my face on the community mat and thought.... never again.  While I may clean my mat, I'm not sure if others do.  


Choosing a mat was a big deal... I definitely wanted orange, but couldn't decide which or how much to invest (the prices vary significantly.)  This one seemed just about right, purchased off Amazon with free delivery.  Easy-peezy.  I do wonder about being drawn to the orange color.  Makes me wonder if that means my sacral chakra is out of whack.  Nonetheless, I love my beautiful orange mat!  


I kind of want a cool sling to use so I can throw it over my shoulder.  Yoga Gurus out there - - Any recommendations?


TWO NEW INDULGENCES
So... confession, I've met a new latte (Indulgence #1.)  And, it's getting serious.  Now, considering my orange thing I've got going on, you'd think I meant Pumpkin Spice Latte.  NOPE... I've actually never had the pleasure (shocking, right?)


I instead met this lovely lad on Wednesday of this week... I can't believe I've waited FIVE days to tell you about him.  Talk about restraint! 


Holy Salted Caramel Goodness - - I mean, we're practically engaged.
So, that tall, dark, and handsome cup above contains the brand-new Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha.  I am embarrassed to say, that since Wednesday, I've had not one, not TWO or THREE, but FOUR of these!!  


In my defense, here is my order:  Tall, nonfat, no whip, 1 pump mocha, 2 pumps toffee nut Salted Caramel Mocha.  It sounds super-crazy when the barista calls it out with all your modifications.... and makes me chuckle a little on the inside.


That's half the pumps o' syrup (according to the first barista who made it for me.)  And, it's heavenly.  My suggestion:  Don't ever try it the REAL way, and you'll never know what you're missing.


My JCC has said in the past that she doesn't care how I get my milk.... just get it in there.  So, this Salted Caramel Cup-O-Happiness and I shall be one throughout this holiday season.  I also am going to watch my weight loss and as needed, my snack may have to be sacrificed for this new relationship.


WARNING:  I believe there will be grieving if this is seasonal, much like when the JC Cinnamon Rolls went away.  


Tonight post-yoga, I found myself at Starbucks having my daily dose of the good stuff.  I put my Nook in my purse in case I decided to stop... and it gave me an excuse to plop down and enjoy INDULGENCE #2.  Good news is that this one is completely calorie-free.  




Two friends had given RAVE reviews of this book, and I love to read.... Click on this link to read more about the book.  I don't want to spoil it in any way.  It's AMAZING though, and I'm completely sucked in.  


A definite MUST READ.  

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2011 at 2:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starbucks - if only all those calories didn't matter. My most loved cafe there? It's called Frappuchino over here in Germany and I just love it... ;)

 
At September 16, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I LOOOOOVE that you read alll the way from Germany!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home