This Page

has been moved to new address

Bye, Bye Plus Size Clothes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Bye, Bye Plus Size Clothes

Friday, September 2, 2011

Bye, Bye Plus Size Clothes

Since joining Jenny Craig, I've lost over 60 lbs.  As you can imagine, that equates to quite a few sizes.  For me, that's 5 pants sizes and an exit from the plus-sized section.  Working in sales, I have to dress in business attire every day, so I have a lot of really nice slacks, jackets, and outfits. 


While it's always exciting to move down a size, it's a little sad when you see your favorite go-to jacket become too big.  When that blouse that always looks good under everything starts to gape, it's not my favorite moment.

With fall just around the corner, my local consignment shop has started to take fall/winter clothes.  And, EVERYTHING from last year is way too big.

It's time for it to go.


LOVE that Cropped Tweed Jacket... Sniff, Sniff
I dropped off 42 pieces this weekend.  42 items that are in like-new condition and ready to be sold.  42 pieces that represent who I was a year ago.  42 items that I've shrunk out of.  42 pieces that will NEVER fit me again.

In years past when I've lost weight, I've held onto everything.  Bigger sizes were to be kept "just in case."  This time around, I'm purging it all.  I'm NOT going back to these sizes this time.  EVER.

I must confess, I did keep one pair of pants.  These were my go-to work pants.  I would wear them every day if I could, and there was a time when they were SKIN TIGHT.  The waist even has a small tear (likely because the poor threads couldn't handle that my waist was expanding.)  I'm saving them for a fun "after pic."  Stay tuned for that.

When I dropped off my latest batch of clothes, I also had a $110 check waiting for me - - score!  If you're shrinking like me, I really recommend googling for consignment stores in your area.  You need to leave your clothes on hangers to deliver them, and they need to be cleaned/pressed/etc - - in other words, ready to sell.  The consignment store will give you a percentage of the price they receive for your clothes.  So you can sort of offset the cost of new clothes!

ALSO - - If you are losing weight, I recommend peeking in at consignment boutiques for your "in-between" sizes.  Why spend $30+ on a pair of pants that you are only going to wear for a short time?  I almost consider them disposable sizes these days, and if I can get a deal that works for me...



Next step is to clean out accessories and shoes.... Sigh.  Fall cleaning.  Good times.


Not even sure what's at the bottom of this.... Long overdue for a cleaning
Are you cleaning out your closets as you lose weight?  What's holding you back? 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Fat in Suburbia said...

That's awesome! Smaller clothes and a check to boot! Have a fantastic weekend.

 
At September 3, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've struggled with this issue. Like you, I've held onto much loved bigger items out of fear of gaining weight back and fashion attachment. I'm finding this very hard to deal with and actually considered adjusting my goal weight so I wouldn't have to deal with it and stay in what use to be considered my size 14 skinny clothes but are way too big now that I'm down 81 lbs, thanks JC. Like you, I am planning to go through my fall/winter closet and what is too big is getting passed along no matter what...it is my goal to be ruthless...I can buy something nicer and SMALLER! Actually, I'm finding when I do wear the larger items, they make me look bigger because they are baggy. Your blog inspired me to follow through on what I've been building the courage up to do. Thank you and continued success on your weight loss!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

You're the first blogger that I've read who has is doing Jenny Craig - I like that! Congratulations on such a HUGE success of losing over 60 lbs - you look fantastic, but I'm sure you feel even more amazing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home