This Page

has been moved to new address

A New Reward Built for Two

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: A New Reward Built for Two

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A New Reward Built for Two

One of my dear friends from college is about to start on a journey to lose 30 lbs. 

I'm so excited for her.  She and I BOTH have about 30 to go.... so, she mentioned she might need something to motivate her.  WELL, I'm a big believer in rewards, so we got to talking.... and we both love to travel.


And somehow through our 2 hour conversation....


We decided that when we lose our 30 lbs each....


We're going to GREECE!!!


We're going to start planning when we're down 20 lbs each.  I honestly could use a little push to finish this up!  I've been barely losing for weeks.  Sigh.


So... I know some of you have been there.  What tips do you have for us? 

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At August 31, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Nieve said...

OMG - that's my final reward too!! I have about 120 to go, but my sister is moving to the UK for 2 years in 3 weeks so my goal is get there before she comes home so we can do it together! It's a fantastic motivation!! I'm sure you and your friend will have a blast!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I have always said this would be my "honeymoon" trip... but I'm almost 35 and I REALLY want to go there. I don't think that I need to wait much longer.

How great that your sister can meet you there??? I'll keep you guys posted as I begin planning (hopefully by the end of the year!)

 
At August 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

SOOO JEALOUS!

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!

This is a GREAT goal and I'm so excited for you!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Anonymous DebO said...

You go, girl! No time like the present. Or near future in this case.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Laurel Petty said...

ok...so I know we're supposed to wait until 20 lbs down to start planning...but I couldn't help but do a little google searching while laying on the couch with the iPad...hence the email I sent before I saw this blog post! ;)

 
At August 31, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Kate... Only if I can come to Ireland!! :)

@DebO... I'll definitely need some tips from you!

@Laurel... Of course you can start planning! I'm just waiting until I know we're DEFINITELY going to get myself REALLY invested mentally. Keep looking! I can't wait to look at the website you sent over. I'm just doing boring work tonight.

 
At September 1, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

I wanna come! HAHA I've always wanted to go to Greece. It looks BEAUTIFUL

 
At September 1, 2011 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Need to Get ME Back said...

Wow what an awesome reward!! Not only is the trip motivation enough, but having each other to help and rely on will be the extra motivation!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home