This Page

has been moved to new address

Away from Home Again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Away from Home Again

Monday, September 5, 2011

Away from Home Again

It's Labor Day Weekend, and I really wanted to be home.  Soaking in the sun at my pool, spending time organizing my life, bonding with my couch.... but I made a commitment to do some volunteer stuff.  And, the event just happens to be this weekend.


Anytime I go out of town for personal reasons, I kind of panic.  Why?  

What am I going to eat???  

Most times, there are awfully tempting things lurking about.  I knew this would be the case.


For the past 8 years, we've spent the weekend helping, laughing, and planning our next meal.  We eat when we're hungry, we snack all day, and we order late night eats (aka Silvermine at 4am - - Because they deliver, why not?)  Well, this weekend, let me assure hasn't been very different.

Yesterday, after feeling like I ate a 1/2 a box of these:


I went to Whole Foods this morning and bought veggie sushi, cherries, cucumbers, peppers, and cauliflower... but I sadly also ate these:


Just one, I swear

A new flavor showed up today... and sigh, I've been eating them.
I think it's just boredom eating.  And maybe convenience, because it's what's in front of me.  But, it's disappointing.  I ate a lot during the day, and last night, I had a turkey burger for dinner.  This is getting bad. 

Is it time to go home yet???

Next Steps:
I do need to figure out why I do this.  If I were home, I'd be munching on heirloom tomatoes and healthy food... but in the presence of junk food, I don't resist.  Good news is that I'm not around junk food too often.  Bad news, I apparently have more mental work to do on this.

Greece is looking VERY far away all the sudden.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 5, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny how we tend to gravitate to what we know in situations we have experienced in the past. I experience the same thing when I am put into a situation where I would typically drink (alcohol) or eat because historically that is how you have done it in the past. Breaking habitual behaviours is so challenging and applaude yourself for at least being aware that you were engaging in behaviours that were part of your past life and recognizing the behaviours that belong to your new life. Hindsight is 20/20 and as you move forward, you will know better next time ;0). All the best Marion

 
At September 5, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Katelyn said...

I am having the SAME PROBLEM. I mean part of it is because I'm at my grandparents and they do not allow snacking. If you're caught with a snack, even a healthy piece of fruit, you get screamed at. It's very unpleasant. And of course my mother is being a huge piece of work too. So much for relaxing over this weekend...

I'm sure I'm going to see a gain this week :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home