This Page

has been moved to new address

Day Two of MFP and the Biggest Loser Premiere

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Day Two of MFP and the Biggest Loser Premiere

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day Two of MFP and the Biggest Loser Premiere

DAY TWO USING MYFITNESSPAL
Today was my second day using MFP, and I have to say... it's been an interesting exercise and is JUST what the doctor ordered!

Deciding on Dinner
I tracked all of my food today (1204 calories total) and I made better decisions about dinner.  I re-routed on I-15 in Idaho today due to an accident.  As a result, I was over an hour late getting to the hotel.  Dinner at 8pm doesn't really work for this girl.  

So, as I was driving, I was contemplating other "faster" options for dinner.  Keep in mind, it takes 75 seconds to cook the JC Rotini and Meatballs


In reality, I was craving bad food and had gotten WAY too hungry.  My options were to stick with the food I had planned (Rotini and Meatballs + 2 McDonalds side salads) or to leap into habit (Cafe Rio Salad - Grilled chicken, lettuce, pico, guac, and dressing.)  If I had gone with the Cafe Rio option, I would have wiped out the exercise I did this morning, and I just couldn't.

Entering the food into the system made me realize what the sacrifice was.  And, in the end, it wasn't worth it.   

I like that I'm double-checking the math, that I'm considering the worth of my snacking, etc.  I truly think this is going to change the whole process for me.

Peer Pressure = Working Out
I also logged some exercise already this week... ON DAY TWO!  I'm not the biggest fan of exercise, as you likely know.  The fact that I got to log it and that my friend Laurel would see it made me MORE motivated to do it!  Thanks, LP!


I didn't do a TON just 30 minutes, but I did something which is more than what I usually do!  And, I burned off 194 calories - - Woo hoo!

New Friends
Several of you guys have also now joined MFP!  And, thanks to those of you who've linked up with me!  Let's keep each other motivated.  I also set it so you can see what I'm really eating... as an extra source of motivation/peer pressure.  Keep in mind, when I'm on the road... I do what I can to get by, and it will look much more normal when I'm home next week. :)

BIGGEST LOSER, BABY
I heart Biggest Loser.  The show is SOOOOO freakin' motivating.  Tonight was the premiere, and I was absolutely bummed to be stuck somewhere between Utah and Idaho instead of plopped down in front of the TV watching this show.


I got to the hotel in time for the last 45 minutes and the weigh in.  Can you imagine LOSING 21 LBS in ONE WEEK????  I can't even imagine!  

I HAVE to believe that you guys are watching this show, too... and if you're not, I'd consider it.  These guys are amazing and oh-so-motivating!

Confession:  This season of the Biggest Loser is extra awesome to watch, especially considering that last year when I watched the show I seriously thought to myself that maybe I should apply.  I had even thought about how I could "get by" living on the ranch and paying my mortgage, etc.  This year, it's incredible to watch knowing that I don't have to think about becoming a contestant as I'm likely below the minimum weight they'd accept.  CHEERS!

So far, I don't have any favorites as I've only seen the last 45 minutes, but I'm going to watch it via DVR and get caught up on all that I missed.  I'll probably weigh-in (no pun - initially - intended) weekly on the show and who I'm rooting for. 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I'm watching it right now! Tivoed it last night and now I'm catching up. I won't miss an episode, I find it to be the most inspiring weight loss show on TV. Oh man how it always makes me cry.

 
At September 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

Me too on the crying.. Big time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home