This Page

has been moved to new address

Shopping Adventures in SLC - Fall Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Shopping Adventures in SLC - Fall Edition

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shopping Adventures in SLC - Fall Edition

This past week when I was looking through my closet to pack for my Salt Lake City trip, I realized something surprising.  I have about 5 shirts that have long sleeves.  GASP!  Being that today was the first day of fall, I realize that this will soon be a BIG issue.


Living in Colorado, you need more than 5 long sleeved shirts for sure.  Being on the road every day and battling the elements as I go in and out of my client locations, I also need JACKETS.  (Wow... I almost sounded like a mountain woman or something with some rugged job.  Fiercely battling the elements. LOL)


Needless to say, I found a few items to get me started today at Target:

I spotted this adorable jacket in this month's issue of Real Simple magazine and have been waiting for it to show up in stores.  Well, today was my lucky day.  Per Real Simple, menswear is a hot trend.  All I know is I love this gorgeous jacket... and had to have it!
The color is "Scarlett Mystery" - - I even love the name!
I love that lipstick red color... and always love the look of a trench.  It really works for us pear-shaped ladies (because we rock!)  More information on this fab fall jacket can be found here.


Now, the 2nd jacket is a replacement jacket.  Here's the first one cinched up with all my might, but still ridiculous looking.  I'm not kidding when I say I have no jackets (unless you count hoodies.)
From my trip up Mt. Evans this weekend.  Totally cold up there!
Here is the replacement piece I found.  It's quite similar and as a added bonus, it fits!  It also has some ruffle detail that you totally can't see in this pic.  It's cute-cute.


Pretty cute, huh?
PS...I'm 100% sure that I'm not going to button it up to the very top like this model and fastened tightly with the belt.  Silly Models.


BTW - - I did look at Target for that awesome Missoni stuff too, and didn't find it.  I guess you had to be there on day one?  Bummer.


I also stumbled into DSW just to take a peek at things and found myself right in the middle of boot central!  WOW!  I've never been able to wear boots because my calves are sorta big, and honestly, I don't think I've made it yet this year.  AND, don't you have to wear them with skinny jeans and leggings?  Definitely not ready for that yet.  But, I did look... and drool a bit.  There must be a boot out there for me!!!


I know I'm getting excited to wear warm, rich fall clothes.  How about you?


In JC/MyFitnessPal News:
I ate COMPLETELY on plan today AGAIN and ate within my calorie allowance.  I continue to be amazed by how much I've been eating... and have definitely identified the cause of my summer "vacation" from weight loss. 


So excited to get on that scale on Saturday, and to report back!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At September 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

Cute cute jackets! LOVE the red one!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Carbie Girl said...

i've never been able to wear long boots either. I got tree trunks not calves but dammit i must fit them one day :0) Love that red trench and i'm not usually a fan of red! so cute

 
At September 23, 2011 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Ooooh thanks for posting that link! I love target coats!!!!! Given that I've outgrown (undergrown?) my last favorite trench coat, I think it's time for a target trip!

 
At September 24, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Laurel Petty said...

so, i was at the Brentwood Target this morning, and tried on the red Converse jacket...(the one you texted me the other day...) LOVE! However, I really wanted it in green, like yours. But alas, they didn't have my size... So I drove to the Target on White Bridge Rd., and they didn't even HAVE these jackets at all! So then, on a mission, I drove to the Target on Charlotte Pike and they didn't have them in stock either!! Now, I check online (since I know the size L fits perfectly...) and they say "not sold in stores" which we know is not true, since you bought one and I tried one on this morning... But the worst part is, they say "sold out online!!!" wahhhhhhhhhh....I really want this jacket!!! I may just have to go back to Brentwood and get the red one...but the green is just oh-so versatile.

 
At September 26, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Blogger "KT" said...

That trench is gorgeous! I need a new winter coat too and I'm trying to be brave enough for something like red or eggplant instead of my old boring black. :) Also bummed the Missoni stuff poofed in about 10 seconds flat!

I love clothing chat, sigh, haha.

 
At September 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@KT- it is gorgeous.... And think it'd look great on you, too! :). It's lightweight and actually waterproof! Not that it ever rains in Colorado, but if I ever get to Seattle with it, I'm all set.

@LP - was at super targ yesterday and just black and khaki. Pretty weird. Will keep checking for you, dear! They have them in Utah, I swear!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home