This Page

has been moved to new address

It's Not Over Yet: Introduction of a New Tool

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: It's Not Over Yet: Introduction of a New Tool

Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Not Over Yet: Introduction of a New Tool

I had an awesome time with my parents this weekend traipsing around Colorado and seeing some new spots that I'd never laid eyes on.  When visitors come into town, I always try to find somewhere NEW that I haven't seen.  There are the old standbys and crowdpleasers that do get visited often (Rocky Mountain National Park, Pike's Peak, etc.) But, here's a few shots of some new spots that I'll surely return to.

Getting up close and personal with Denver's famous bear
at the Colorado Convention Center

Standing on the stair at the state capitol that shows
that you are exactly ONE MILE above sea level

Summit Lake - Near Mt. Evans
We spotted snow at 13,000 feet (in September!)
It's always nice to have visitors, but gosh.... the food was a challenge.  From Wine and Cheese on Friday night to HOMEMADE PIEROGIES on Sunday night sauteed with onions in butter.  C-H-A-L-L-E-N-G-E!

When I went to bed last night, I had firmly decided that today would be a MUCH better eating day.  100% on plan, including all meals... no nibbles... no Salted Caramel Mochas.  Just real disciplined eating!  I wasn't ready to give up!  No, Ma'am!

This is the App Icon that will
sit on your device
INTRODUCING A NEW TOOL

Starting this week, I am beginning to use a new tool.  I currently don't subscribe to the Metabolic Max program offered by Jenny Craig.  If you do, you may already have this piece taken care of, but I desperately needed some accountability and to start writing down what I was eating.

Without further ado.... I introduce my new secret weapon:  MyFitnessPal


What Does MyFitnessPal Do??
Well, today is my VERY FIRST DAY... so I'll tell you what I know.  You can use it as a FOOD, EXERCISE, and WEIGHT LOSS JOURNAL.  We all know ourselves and our habits.  I am never going to keep up with my Jenny Craig personalized week food planner.  I never kept a Weight Watchers journal either.  Notice a trend?  I never had it with me.  I never wanted to get it out and write down my food.  BUT... online and via an application on my phone, I can inconspicuously check in with MyFitnessPal and log my weight/food intake/exercise?  I'm sold!

Here's an example of today's food intake.  I'm within 20 calories of my target eating today (which I must say is impressive!)  AND... I was able to find ALL MY JENNY CRAIG FOODS.  Pre-loaded, baby.  Easy-peezy!
The actual food I ate today.  Yep, that's me!
Also, perhaps my FAVORITE part, it cheers you on.  See below the message I got today, when I "completed" my daily food entry:


Is there an App Available for my Phone?
It depends upon the device you carry. If you have a smartphone that's either an iPhone, Android, Blackberry, or Windows Mobile device, the answer is a big fat yes!!  The application and use of the website is F-R-E-E!!!

PS... RIM Users, the Blackberry app is awesome (which I can't often say for Blackberry apps.)  I also have the iPhone app downloaded to my iPad.  NO EXCUSE FOR NOT LOGGING FOOD and EXERCISE!


What about Social Networking?
Alright, my dear NTTC Readers... I'm going to invite you to see what's behind the curtain a LITTLE bit more.  This is super-cool... how about MyFitnessPal has social networking built in?  For example, my superstar friend Laurel (who introduced me to this app btw - - THANKS!) worked out yesterday and I know this because we're "friends" on MFP!  AND... you can add comments like FB to weight loss updates, etc.  LOVE. IT.

If you're interested in trying out MyFitnessPal and creating a FREE account, click here and/or download the app directly from your smartphone.  You can also link up to my tracker by befriending "nothankstocake" - - That's me. :)

I'm super-excited about this next step of my journey, as I'm sure you can tell.    I think you're going to like what you see when you check it out, too!

Let's get out there and lose these last pounds, folks!  xoxo

PS - - If anyone's already using it, please leave tips/suggestions in the comments.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2011 at 6:24 AM , Anonymous Andie said...

I'm using Lose It, but I suspect the benefits are the same. There have been times when my will power was failing, but looking at the calories I would have to log got me over the hump and able to make healthier choices. I think you'll see the benefits of logging really quickly. Congrats on adding it to your routine!

 
At September 20, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous Julie said...

I'm also using a tool - my choice has been FitBit, as it also has a neat little high-tech pedometer that serves a a foundation. The website is also really fantastic for calories tracking, where you can save favorite "meals", you can win "badges" (special rewards for hitting pedo landmarks), and interact with others via adding them as "Friends" and checking your progress against theirs, and it has a pretty big community forum. The website is free, regardless of whether you have the pedometer or not. I like it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home